• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Good vets in preston

kimberlie

New Kit
Hello everyone.

I currrently to not have a rabbit, but my friend who owns rabbits recently got one that wax pregnant, and has now given birth to some baby bunnies.

I am considering taking one off her, and having a house rabbit.

I havd had rabbits before, and miss them so much since they died early this year at the ages of 8 & 9!

Anyway, i would want to get the bunny spayed/neutered, as i have heard they can be very messy indoor spraying and marking their sent.

I was wondering if anyone knows any rabbit-savvy vets within the preston area, that wouldnt cost too much.
And does anyone know how much it is likely to cost to get them done?

Thank yooou!

Hi
I used to live in Preston and used Abbey Vets - they are brilliant! Worked miracles with my Maddie bunny.

They've got 2 surgeries, one on Watling Street Road and one on Conway drive in Fulwood. Are these nearby for you?

Price wise, I'm not sure cos it's been years since I had my buns speyed but just give the surgery a call.

I don't live in your area so can't advise on vets but pricewise it really is a case of ringing every vet up to see as the prices I've been quoted have ranged from 50 pounds to over 110 pounds!

Ruthie xxx

Back