• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can female rabbits spray??

Charlotte Seaney

Warren Scout
I've got a four month old dwarf lop, I was sat watching her yesterday and noticed her spray which I didn't think female did? She was sold to me as a female at six weeks old. I'm so confused I looked on the internet but the web sites say all different things. Please help

Two of my unspayed does spray in their run as they can smell other rabbits. Freya does a simultaneous wee and a bink-leg-kick routine to get some good height on it too :shock: I'll be glad when she is done! :lol:

I have a lady who sprayed before she was spayed.

If you're worried, could you take your bunny to the vets for a gender check? Or maybe check yourself?

Yes, females do spray, the evidence is all over the inside of my girls hutch, from not getting them spayed soon enough! :roll:

Just think yourself lucky they didnt spray ON YOU!! :lol::lol: I had an unspayed female here for a while and she sprayed me twice, once it got me full in the face. She did a jump-and-kick whilst she did it to ensure it went everywhere. It was something she did often when in new territory or when she could smell/see other rabbits that she wasnt bonded to.

Back