• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone help me please :(

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
I'm stuck in a very large rut right now :(

My bf is building a hutch&run for Donny and Poppy.. Only we don't think Poppy will make it back outside.. When she has her teeth done she stops eating so we have to syringe feed her. And Donny will be neutered within about 2/3 weeks. She hasn't been spayed yet :( and I don't know when she will be because of her teeth. But her teeth are the main problem :(

I told my mom if that is the case and she is inside permanently then I need to find Donny a new girly after he's neutered and had his 6 weeks. (No idea where rabbit rescues are by me :?) And when Pops is okay then get her a friend :shock: :( It will be so much easier when we've moved out because I'm constantly swapping between rabbits when I'm at James' for work then at home when I'm not working.. Poppy has constant human attention but Donny's is limited :cry: which makes me feel awful..

I just don't know what to do. My mom told me that there's no point in putting her outside again and when I said about getting Donny a new gf (I dare not tell her about Poppy getting a new bf) she said "NO, no more!" But I said idc 'cause it's cruel when he was supposed to be Poppy's toy boy. I told her that rescues have already neutered and vaccd buns so it's no mega expensive, just the up keep and vets. She agreed and I told her 2 rabbits and a cat is nothing... Most of you have 4+ rabbits :(

I stress about everything as it is and this is upsetting me a lot because I don't know what to do :( My planned bonding etc is screwed and now I have one very happy rabbit and a very boisterous and lonely rabbit :(

What can I do? :cry:

Don't do anything for now. Just carry on as you are, and when Donny is ready to be bonded (say 8 weeks after his neuter), then assess then.

It may be that Poppy has the personality to be able to be bonded with him even if she isn't spayed, or something might change in her situation, or something might fall into your lap as an idea.

For now, just wait and mull your options. :)

Don't do anything for now. Just carry on as you are, and when Donny is ready to be bonded (say 8 weeks after his neuter), then assess then.

It may be that Poppy has the personality to be able to be bonded with him even if she isn't spayed, or something might change in her situation, or something might fall into your lap as an idea.

For now, just wait and mull your options. :)

They were put together before for a monitored and short while and she loved having the company. I worry about her because she nearly died last time because she wouldn't eat and syringe feeding her was very hard :( I'm just a massive stress head :? Thanks :)

They were put together before for a monitored and short while and she loved having the company. I worry about her because she nearly died last time because she wouldn't eat and syringe feeding her was very hard :( I'm just a massive stress head :? Thanks :)

Have you tried Oxbow Critical Care Fine blend for syringe feeding. It is about £12-14 for quite a large bag that lasts up to 6 months once opened. I found that my dental bunny would lick it off the spoon rather than having to use a syringe. It is very smooth too so a nice texture, I just mix a little at a time. I think they also do a smaller banana flavour one too.

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=1631
http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/products/type/detail?object=1608

Jane Dexter's Rabbit Rescue is close to you:wave: I'm fostering one of her rabbits. She has lots of rabbits when the time comes and you want to bond. :wave: Julia123 is also fostering some.

Is it just because she will have to come inside for care after dentals?

Blackie had regular dentals and was bonded with Buttercup. They lived outdoors. When Blackie had a dental we had a pen to set up inside, and he and Butters came indoors until Blackie was fully recovered. They coped fine with that.

Blackie had regular dentals and was bonded with Buttercup. They lived outdoors. When Blackie had a dental we had a pen to set up inside, and he and Butters came indoors until Blackie was fully recovered. They coped fine with that.

that sounds like a solution for you hun.....cant a dental bunny be spayed then i thought they could????

I wish it was as simple as that :( but I flit between houses atm because of work. And it would mean moving a huge hutch and run (only 20 minutes away) for about 4 days then back to mine. Which is making it harder to decide what to do :? I need a comprimise but I have no idea what that could be :? I need to work to pay the vets and the car and driving lessons but 'cause I only work 2 days I get about £60 :? Hopefully I'll be working more soon though :) I just feel awful for leaving Donny :( My mom tries her best with him but my sister is a handful (She's 13 :roll: and makes everyone go :evil::censored:) so he doesn't get 'as much' attention as Pops does. When this hutch/run is built though he will have it to himself until I figure out what to do.. He'll have more room then so at least I'll feel a little better :)
But I do think that it will be another rabbit :shock: Donny was meant for Poppy but :? it's just figuring out what to do really :oops:

For some reason this thread just came up on the app on my phone and I read this and thought that you had lost Lola and had a little cry! So glad I then saw the date though. Phew

Back