• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A wee bit of Inca's ear just fell off!!!!!!!!

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
I came in from the class and i was giving Inca her daily botty clean, meds and check over and i noticed a wee scab type thing on the tip of her ear. I touched it and it fell right off, some fur and a bit of ear!!!!!

Now it is a miniscule bit, but i have no idea how it happened. Herbie has no front teeth, so i can't see how it could have been him.

I have cleaned it up with dilute iodine and put some manuka honey on it, she doen't seem bothered by it.

So......any ideas? Could she have done it to herself?

How odd:shock: I guess she could have done it herself, or possibly caught it on something. Have you still got the bit that fell off? Personally I would take her to the vet with the bit and see what they say. :)

Sorry only just seen this thread, and have been on here all day :shock:
But I have no idea, could she not of caught it somewhere? In the hutch, run or even in the garden?

My old bun Gabby, caught between her eyes going through some bushes while in the garden (I felt really bad).

mj's got a scab along the edge of one of his ears with no way for him to hurt it - only thing we can think of is he got it trapped somewhere, could that be it?

I have been looking to see where she could have caught it, but i don't see anywhere, she is an indoor bun, but their room is mega bunny proof.

She is fine anyways. I am not gonna take her to the vets for it, she is already on a daily high dose of Metacam and i have cleaned her up.

Maybe she was over grooming and bit herself! Silly girl that she is.

I suspect Inca may have injured herself somehow. I've had this happen when 2 of my boys had a scrap...about 2 weeks afterwards one had a thumbnail sized piece missing from his ear, and the other had a sliver from the very edge of his ear fall off! I think it must be something to do with damaged blood supply. I just put a bit of antiseptic cream on, but it wasn't actually an open wound as such...the skin around the piece that had fallen off was just a bit pink.

I suspect Inca may have injured herself somehow. I've had this happen when 2 of my boys had a scrap...about 2 weeks afterwards one had a thumbnail sized piece missing from his ear, and the other had a sliver from the very edge of his ear fall off! I think it must be something to do with damaged blood supply. I just put a bit of antiseptic cream on, but it wasn't actually an open wound as such...the skin around the piece that had fallen off was just a bit pink.

Aye, it is a bit like that, no blood, but looked a bit red. It looked much better this morning. I still have the bit of furry ear sitting on the table, how rank rotten is that!

Back