• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone got this run??? take 2

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
Ive just ordered it as it was a fab price! has anyone got it or ordered from the company?
http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=600

I know they are weaker in some ways than wooden runs but i could get tent pegs and peg the run to the ground. Also it is foldable and very cheap. I hope its as good as i imagine.

No arguments please.

I have the trixie one which is similar. I love mine as its relatively easy to move around and folds down. My only comment is be careful if your bun has a small head as one of mine got their heads stuck in it and I panicked all night as I thought she was going to die of fright as she went very quiet after I rescued her.

don't hav it, but only problem i can see is it rusting. wooden ones can rot though and they get pee stains, so you can't win either way :lol:

I have the very similar trixie one as well. I really like mine. They don't rust apart from the little joining bits to hold the pieces together. I am going to reinforce mine with cable ties when and if it starts to get weak because of this.

I wish I could order one at that price, but I am too poor at the moment. It's a fabulous price. Good find :)

I have the trixie one which is similar. I love mine as its relatively easy to move around and folds down. My only comment is be careful if your bun has a small head as one of mine got their heads stuck in it and I panicked all night as I thought she was going to die of fright as she went very quiet after I rescued her.

Mine are Mini rex. What breed was yours that head got stuck?

If you are worried about the buns getting stuck, you can always attach some wire netting around the lower bit. This is what I have done when I have smaller buns in there. Just do it with cable ties.

I have this run mine is about 3 years old now. The only thing that has rusted is the chains on the lift up door (on mine).

And some of the clips which hold the roof bit on have come away or fallen off but still useable.

Thanks guys :) im really exited about getting it!

Im going to make a shelter for with my dad (builder with lots of wood in shed)

What size would you recomend for 2 mini rex's?

Yes I have 2 and love them. They are sometimes used as two, sometimes as one huge one. I actually prefer these to wooden runs, they are secure as the wind cannot catch them, it just goes right through the bars. I've had lots of animals in them, and animals around them, and no one has ever gotten in or out. I have had mine 2 years now, and one has started to rust a tiny bit around the doors, but its still fully functional. And considering these have been outdoors in all weather for 2 years (they are never put away), I find that OK!

Together

Rigsy watching the bunnies by Niseag, on Flickr

Apart

Freuchie watching bunnies by Niseag, on Flickr

Yes I have 2 and love them. They are sometimes used as two, sometimes as one huge one. I actually prefer these to wooden runs, they are secure as the wind cannot catch them, it just goes right through the bars. I've had lots of animals in them, and animals around them, and no one has ever gotten in or out. I have had mine 2 years now, and one has started to rust a tiny bit around the doors, but its still fully functional. And considering these have been outdoors in all weather for 2 years (they are never put away), I find that OK!

Together

Rigsy watching the bunnies by Niseag, on Flickr

Apart

Freuchie watching bunnies by Niseag, on Flickr

I have a metal trixie one, its lived outdoors in ll weather for nearly 3yers, only gt one bit of rust on he bottom were Blue beore neutered use o spray on a certain part :lol:

I have the similar trixie one and its brilliant. 3 years old and as new apart fron the small side door chains which have rusted a bit (as you can see in the picture) but i don't use them anyway. i am looking to get another to extend. :D

housing004.jpg

They are good and sooo versatile. I have 2 8 x 4 and sometimes just use the tops together but sideways as a taller run extension. As someone else also said after over 3 years of use, only the chains that hold the doors closed have rusted. Brilliant value.:D

I have one of these and I love it! It's so easy to move around and comes with tent pegs to hold it down. Once we have moved I am going to use it indoors for Molly and Marble.

We have one of these but took it down last year after one of our bunnies got its head stuck in the bars. If I hadn't been there at the time she would of broken her neck, I can still recall her screams :(

We have temporarily put it back up as one of our wooden ones has died but only for our old boy to use who basically sits in the same place all day.

I wouldn't buy one again

We have one of these but took it down last year after one of our bunnies got its head stuck in the bars. If I hadn't been there at the time she would of broken her neck, I can still recall her screams :(

We have temporarily put it back up as one of our wooden ones has died but only for our old boy to use who basically sits in the same place all day.

I wouldn't buy one again

I will line the inside with mesh then. Thanks

Back