• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boys bonding after nueter?-How soon after?-

To give it the maximum chance of success, the longer you wait, the better, to give the hormones a chance to die down. So 8 weeks minimum, I think.

I think I was told 6-8 weeks after neuter. But Dylan was about 6/7 months old though and Wispa had been neutered about 2 years before that.

I am currently bonding my boys at the moment, and it is very nerve racking, especially being my first time bonding.

To give it the maximum chance of success, the longer you wait, the better, to give the hormones a chance to die down. So 8 weeks minimum, I think.

awsome hun hoped youd answer, they arent showing signs of hormonal behaviour but i want to give them best chance possible.

:love:

am i best waiting till poppet is spayed before bonding them (5 months) or do i bond these 2 when ready then add poppet at a later date?:?

Are you aiming for a trio at the end of the process?

I'm guessing so? How old are they now?

Are you aiming for a trio at the end of the process?

I'm guessing so? How old are they now?

the boys are 6 months 6 days
poppet is roughly 4 months (vets guess)

oh and yeah we are hoping for a trio, TBH i cant see them being a problem with them all being very handled laid back and accepting (i probably jinxed that now:oops: )

the boys are 6 months 6 days
poppet is roughly 4 months (vets guess)

oh and yeah we are hoping for a trio, TBH i cant see them being a problem with them all being very handled laid back and accepting (i probably jinxed that now:oops: )

Ok.

Yes, I would wait and bond all three in one go because it won't be much longer after the 8 weeks that Poppet will be ready anyway.

I don't think any of those are indicators (sorry) as to whether or not they will bond. But I'll be hoping that they do bond easily for you :)

Is Poppet still tilted?

Ok.

Yes, I would wait and bond all three in one go because it won't be much longer after the 8 weeks that Poppet will be ready anyway.

I don't think any of those are indicators (sorry) as to whether or not they will bond. But I'll be hoping that they do bond easily for you :)

Is Poppet still tilted?

thanks hun im so desperate for this to work i dont want to rush a thing,
Poppet has such a tiny tilt you wouldn't notice it without looking, shes doing so well :)

:love:

I'm so glad she is doing well :) any bunny with any tilt can benefit from a friend or two. :love:

I would just warn you that likely come her spay her tilt will worsen as she recovers from the GA and may make her recovery harder. Scared the Bejesus out of me when I went through it with my Tilly, so thought it was worth mentioning just so you're prepared :)

I'm so glad she is doing well :) any bunny with any tilt can benefit from a friend or two. :love:

I would just warn you that likely come her spay her tilt will worsen as she recovers from the GA and may make her recovery harder. Scared the Bejesus out of me when I went through it with my Tilly, so thought it was worth mentioning just so you're prepared :)

oh thankyou hun for warning me so glad you told me id have a heartattack if my wee girly pulled a stunt like that and me not knowing why :shock:

why does the GA do that ?
:?

oh thankyou hun for warning me so glad you told me id have a heartattack if my wee girly pulled a stunt like that and me not knowing why :shock:

why does the GA do that ?
:?

I'm nto sure. I imagine it's just because they are weaker and sleepier and don't have the energy to hold their head up and I would imagine the effects of the GA increase disorientation too.

After Tilly's dental, that evening she got a rock hard stomach from gas, and got a mega tilt (I'm convinced her gas was caused by the distress of the tilt), so I had to hold her all night, after giving her Metacam (as instructed by the vet) and rubbing her tummy. She was back to normal the next day but by golly I thought I was going to lose her.

Back