• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this okay to keep a rabbit in or not?

Third post i've done today....I know I need to do something:oops:. I am ordering the cage this weekend I was just wondering if it is okay (my rabbit will be free ranging most of the time)?

Heres the link sorry bout that...:

http://www.justrabbitcages.co.uk/indoor-rabbit-cages/savic-nero-3-rabbit-cage#v_77[/URL]

Last edited:
It is a bit too small for a rabbit to be confined to. Do you have space for a dog crate instead?

Which size of dog crate?

a 48" one :)

edit
here is where my rabbits live.

a 48" dog crate attached to puppy play pen
IMG_5474.jpg

I personally don't like it because one of its dimensions is only 50cm. My medium size bunny is about 60cm when she's stretched out, so it would restrict your rabbit's ability to lie down wherever s/he chose.

It's also pretty expensive for what it is - i would be tempted to go for a dog crate, NIC setup or puppy pen instead.

The advantage of NIC grids or puppy pens are that you can tailor them to fit whatever space you have available, not matter how awkward, and then you can adapt them if you move house :) They give you more space for less money too.

(I learnt about rabbit housing the hard way - I wasted a LOT of money on unsuitable setups before i found one that was good for me and my rabbits. *sigh* )

Back