• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlins still hospitalised....update

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
the vet rang me this morning to say pretty much the same...but hes not eating properly ..not his hay or pellets..but hes nommed a teeny bit of carrot. there are some...i mean some poops but not many and so tiny:(

shes got the fax of merlins notes from when he nearly died in dec last year and was finally diagnosed with this necrotic fatty tissue in his abdomen. He also had a small blockage then too:(

the vets costs im claiming off petplan...but will be refusing to pay animed for saturday and early sunday...no way..they sent him home the numpteys and fed him loads of dandelions when he was already dehydrated:censored:

there are so many vets who know their bunny stuff...but last week i seem to have encountered the ones who arent..from practices which have many bunvets:censored:

oddly enough..the practice i swore id never go back to because of salem dropping dead almost a year ago..is the one who admitted and treated bluebell..also treated bertie when he had an overload of pasturela symptoms because he was pining for bluebell.

the vets are at the hospital in the petersfield hospital branch.....but their surgery locally is the nearest vet there is.

the vet, ruth, has said the fluids have brightened up his eyes and the use of strong painkillers are helping him move not just crouch painfully grinding his teeth..which he was after animed sent him home.

its his tummy obviously......the tissue must be inflammed again......the necrotic fatty tissue mass that he has...poor wee fella.

theyre keeping him in until he can eat......properly...take note animed!:censored:

we luckily have petplan for merlin....but only the emsworth vet does direct payment:(

recommended vets......animed....sophie and mark.

emsworth.....claire and david

horndean/petersfield.....ruth...billy and i hate to admit it.but hes wayyy more bun savvy now...matt..and tristan.

please please send vibes for him..poor little merlin.

018-2.jpg

So glad you have insurance, Debbie. I didn't realise that. The premiums for your lot must be really high:shock:

Sending more vibes for Merlin. I :love: that bun and want him to have lots and lots of time with you to enjoy his wifebun. I promised him I would find him one and I did. He looked so sad all alone.

Let me know if there is anything I can do. Will send him some distant healing tonight.

Mega vibes for Merlin. xxx

Its worry about some vets, isn't it. Really really dislike the one I took Nancy too. I honestly believe if I got her to the right vets she would be with us today. :(

At 5 they phoned to say she could come home. At 6 a turn for the worse. At 7 she was gone. I know they didn't give her painkillers either. Breaks my heart.:cry: To think she suffered.

I don't blame you for not paying. Idiots.

Sending you loads of vibes for the adorable Merlin :love: Sounds like you both are having a really bad time ATM.
Best wishes to you both. I hope you have him back home with you real soon.

Thank you all for the nosey rubs and vibes for our little fluffy clown:love:

and the hugs come in very handy....im in denial right now..hes coming home soon..hes got to right? what will lily and phoebe do if he doesnt..how will bertie cope:( (even not togehter anymore..bertie still likes a chat and wash thru the bars of the pen panels)

i have been told that hes about the same.....i guess thats one good thing right?

i have told the vet i will NOT take him home unless hes eating properly....and pooping properly..she agreed after what hes been through.

i now realise that it probably wasnt his teeth...its been this necrotic fatty tissue in his tummy all along.:( i said it would probably be the dath of him one day but i didnt mean now:(

yes karen hun......merlins insured too...bertie has the highest premiums...merlins only gone in twice before for this tummy problem and was admitted for at least a week each time. The first time he was also sporting a small blockage of fur and hair where his tummy was so inlfammed and not moving much at all.

berties a pasturella bunny with eye probs too....and an anal polyp thingy...and now arthritis in his left hind leg. i think his premiums are £70:shock:

thnk you karen..some distance healing would be glady welcomed:wave::love:

to top it all..i do have a bug......if i didnt know better id say i was pregnant with morning sickness and craving for hot spicy foods..what little i can eat:oops:
im on the ginger ale..gingernut biscuits....and yesterday...4 mini onion bkahjis..today i discovered an asda curry n chips in the freezer..i shocked myself buy actually being able to eat it:oops:

poor merlin.....hes such a lovable little fella...and poor lily and phoebe are still vying for his attentions. Hes only a crossbreed..from julies..rosies rabbit
rescue which is now closed....pretty lupin aka vicky and her hubby did the other part of the bunrun to get him to us...im so glad they did..i cannot imagine life without our little clown.:(

Aaaw. Merlin has been away a long time. Do you visit him? I know sometimes seeing a familiar face can perk them up.

I won't suggest a visit as you have a bug:shock: Don't want to catch the lurgy as I am back to work Sat night:( My leave has gone so quickly and I haven't done any of the tidying I meant to. My get up and go has got up and gone! Caught up with my sleep though.

Sending lots and lots of vibes to Merlin. He is such a lovely bun:love:

Nose rubs to Bertie and snuggles to Dylan too xxx

roflmao...yup still icky....and im starting to eat myself.....:oops:
i was going to help you cut the roll of cushionflooring i gave you and fit it in the hutches:oops:

no i dont want to make anyone else ill..im on anti peuk pills...come out in sympathy with merlin!!:oops:

the nurse this evening asked if id like to visit:love:

the vet is to reassess his status in the morning..theyre going to take him off pain meds in the morning to see how he copes.

lets keep fingers crossed hes going to be ok:love::love:

if hes coping and eating properly i may have him home by tomorrow afternoon!!!
if not then he stays in till he does.

vibes vibes please:love:

thank you xx

i picked him up from the vets..the vet brought him from the hospital to the local branch. I picked him up just after 2.30pm......i had a taxi wait n return...and the journey made me violently ill!!:oops:

they said hes been eating hay lots of veggies and fruit too and doing lots of poops. Hes doing teeny poops.....but has had some hay and a few bits of basil.

hes much brighter than he was..hes very scared and jumpy...but ive covered his cage top with a towel...and were just being as normal noise wise as possible to make him feel back at home..but not over noisy..just as it is normally.

hes able to stand on his hind legs...begged for his greens......and has been moving around his cage eating hay a bit. There are poops..few and small but hes going so far.

please please please can i have nomming vibes for merlin....:love:

Sending nomming vibes for Merlin.

Do you think he may be better upstairs or in the kitchen while he is poorly as it is very lively in the lounge at your house with lots of other animals around:)?

I know when one of mine is poorly I sometimes remove them from other buns and the cats and put them in a quiet room and just check on them regularly. I sometimes bring their companion in too, depending on how poorly they are, but I know Merlin isn't bonded yet.

Just a thought.

Glad you have your little man home again.

Nomming vibes for Merlin. Sounds like he is on the mend. Maybe his poos are still small, due to all the stress he has been though. You must be so happy to have him home.

Hope you feel much better soon too. xxx

Lots of eating vibes for your special little man.

Is the diagnosed necrotic fat inside the stomach and intestines or outside in the panniculus adiposus, the fatty layer under the skin?

well keep those vibes coming..its starting to work!!

he had a nice pile o spring greens with a few bits of apple and a bit of carrot overnite. Hes been eating more hay...and overnight hes eaten some pellets...a teaspoon of excel and a teaspoon of ss:shock::lol: and ive refilled the bowl twice!!

im still giving him metacam too;)

there are poops and theyre slowly getting bigger..still small...still only a few but much better than when animed kicked him out!!

hes more active than he was and completely able to stand on his hind legs without crippling him like it was.:)

he hasnt run aorund the pen but has been having cuddles with nikki when he has his metacam and when hes feeling up to it..he loves cuddles with his nikki :love:

Hes so happy hes home...zuzu..freya and dylan have said hello but have kept their distance as much as they can....believe you me they know hes recovering....they always know how to behave round a poorly bun:love:

berties delighted hes home..and hes so happy to see bertie. Bluebells been making her prescence known but even shes been quieter than usual near him..but its lily she wants to eat:shock::oops:

lily was allowed out tonight to run round the pen...shes been having snuggles with both nikki and i...shes so cute but a little devil:lol: shes been taling to merlin through the bars and hes got pretty excited:love:

the cats are spending more time asleep and when phoebes out upstairs they just acknowledge her....or they have a four furry pile up...shes fond of the cats..more than she is of me:lol:

merlins looking uber fluffy so we need to comb him when hes a bit better...

I am sooooo happy..but terrified i will jinx it like i did with my darling bif before she died last august:cry:

come on merlin.

ooh thank you for that question...i will have to ask the vets...ive never been told to be honest....:?

thank you all so much....

merlin says he fanks yoo all toos..his tum tums still a bit sore but he can eat and poop much better than when he was in hopitals:love:

Back