• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Finally I understand what he is trying to tell me!

Have been battling for a couple of weeks now with Charlie and the litter tray. Everytime I clean it and put new litter in, he immediately goes to it and attacks it, digs all litter out and tries to get it off the wall as it is fixed to it. We have been having this ongoing battle for two weeks and I just didn't know what was wrong.

Anyway, I had an idea yesterday to move it to where their dog bed is normally (they seem to pee in that too), so moved it there. And eureka!!!!! He is no longer attacking it and they are using it properly!

So there you go, he was trying to tell me that he didn't want it in that corner! Just this stupid human wasn't getting it at all! :oops:

Bet he is thinking "Oh at last she's finally got it, stupid woman":lol:

Aww :lol:. Bless him :love:

One of my foster bunnies insists on using her litter tray the wrong way up! It's one of those corner triangular ones. After I've emptied and cleaned out the tray and put it back, all I can hear for about half an hour is 'bang, bang, bang' where she is moving it around in the hutch, then next time I open the door it is all the wrong way up! But she happily uses it like that, so I just leave it :lol:.

Aww :lol:. Bless him :love:

One of my foster bunnies insists on using her litter tray the wrong way up! It's one of those corner triangular ones. After I've emptied and cleaned out the tray and put it back, all I can hear for about half an hour is 'bang, bang, bang' where she is moving it around in the hutch, then next time I open the door it is all the wrong way up! But she happily uses it like that, so I just leave it :lol:.

Awww bless her!!! She should meet Charlie, the litter tray movers, they might get on like a house on fire!!:lol:

I had a similar battle with Lola - she arrived with me not really litter trained, and despite my best efforts ignored the tray. Then suddenly, 8 month later she started dragging newspaper out of the hutch, into the run, shaping it into a bunch and going on it there!!! (these frantic housekkeping sessions were very amusing to watch)I quickly added the plastic tray underneath, and magic, she was now litter trained!! Peter kinda followed suit, but now they are in playhouse, both are totally reliable .:)

I had a similar battle with Lola - she arrived with me not really litter trained, and despite my best efforts ignored the tray. Then suddenly, 8 month later she started dragging newspaper out of the hutch, into the run, shaping it into a bunch and going on it there!!! (these frantic housekkeping sessions were very amusing to watch)I quickly added the plastic tray underneath, and magic, she was now litter trained!! Peter kinda followed suit, but now they are in playhouse, both are totally reliable .:)

That does sound funny to watch!! they are such clever little animals, they amaze me all the time! :D

awww:love:

i love bunnies and their little ways:D - and their ways of teaching us to try to understand them!

Olive is very keen on housekeeping too. Such a tidy little rabbit loves putting things in their place (including me - bossy bun!)

:lol: Bless her!

Casper likes to "help" me when I am cleaning their shed out. He has taken a dislike to the dustpan that I use, so if I leave it on the floor for a minute he takes it away and trys to push it through the flap of the shed out into the run! Very funny!:lol:

Back