• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pro-fibre pellets

how many do you guys feed per day?

I put an egg cupful in with Dan & Clo's food.

Lady doesn't get any as she has beautiful poops.

Butters gets half an eggcup full in with his pellets every day. And every day he eats his regular pellets and then throws the dish with the profibre pellets still in it across the hutch in disgust.....:roll:

I don't feed mine much now, only when i feel Inca needs them, she has been not too bad lately with the poops and she is a bit heavier than she was. I use them more as a treat now if i see a bit of runny poo.

A scoop between my pair of lops. Nutmeg and Smudge don't need them. Oddly despite eating more hay my lops do tend to have a tendency to sticky bums.

I've been doing Mini a disservice and blaming the skidmarks on her. Watched Mischa last night and it's him!! He seems to, erm, do them, then eat them. :roll:

well i don't want either bun to gain weight but one or i think both have occasional stinky splats so i'm trying a more natural diet and i've bought some of these pellets - hope they like them as they ain't cheap!!!

i tried my own 2 with them before - esme liked them but eric was disgusted by them:roll: fortunately though, i know what does and doesn't suit them best so (touch wood) i don't get the splatty poops from my own 2 very often.

Yeah I get mine from Vet UK too. Kenco and Fay just have one scoop a day added to their normal pellets usually but Kenco is on antibiotics and has been doing small hard poos so I have upped it to a scoop with both pellet feeds (they get small amounts twice a day).

I am thinking of giving some to Muesli as well.

So do you give them the scoop on top of the normal amount of pellets? I give mine an eggcup of SS pellets. If I gave them the pro fibre pellets too, would I add that on top, or does it replace some of the normal pellets?

Did you all get recommended to use these by your vets, or did you decide yourself to start using them?

So do you give them the scoop on top of the normal amount of pellets? I give mine an eggcup of SS pellets. If I gave them the pro fibre pellets too, would I add that on top, or does it replace some of the normal pellets?

Did you all get recommended to use these by your vets, or did you decide yourself to start using them?

You can do it either way, I think. I wasnt recommended them by the vets no, its just what I have learnt by reading or asking on here. :)

I have Wish and Flame on it because they have metabolic issues (one far more severe than the other). Has helped hugely with absroption.

When I first started I was giving absolutely loads and one tub was lasting me a week, but now, as they have grown and thrived I have cut down to about half that amount, but they do still need it, sadly.

Back