• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Josie Really Needs Vibes Please UD p57 All Good!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
I woke up to find foster bun Josie lying in a pool of diarrhea. :cry:

I rushed her straight to the vet. Her stomach is very swollen and her temperature is low. She's been admitted. :cry:

The way she was lying on the vet's table... I don't know if she's going to make it... She's very very poorly :cry:

Last edited:
I've never seen true diarrhoea in a bun before, it was awful :cry:

The vet said she'd call at 2pm, or before if there's any change.

Last edited:
The vet just called. Two hours early, so it scared the life out of me!

Josie had taken 10ml of syringe feed and eaten four pellets on her own. :) She's on a drip but threatening to pull it out! :lol: She's been hopping about and looking much brighter. :) No poops yet, but no more diarrhoea either.

The vet said she's not out of the woods yet, but it's an improvement. She'll phone back this evening with another update. Josie will be staying in overnight but she may be able to come home tomorrow. :)

I really don't want to jinx it by getting my hopes up... Any extra vibes would be appreciated! :wave:

Oh Josie :( :( poor thing

Sending massive vibes her way.

How old is she?

We don't know how old she is. She was found as a stray last week, I've only had her since Friday.

The vet suggested the diarrhoea could be a reason why she was dumped. But her poops have been normal from Friday until today. Is it possible for a bun to have intermittent diarrhoea?

Lots of hugs and vibes for Josie! Really hope she keeps picking up! Will keep an eye out for any updates!!!!

xxx

Another update from the vet. Josie has passed some poops, not perfect, but not diarrhoea :) She's still taking her syringe feeds well and has had some hay. They've covered the drip with some tougher stuff so she can't chew it! Her temperature still isn't up yet, but she's looking brighter. :)

Not out of the woods yet still, but an improvement is good news! :) The vet will call again in the morning.

Thanks for all your vibes! :wave:

Just seen this.

I'm glad Josie is doing better and I am sending lots of get well vibes. xxxxxx

I got impatient waiting for the vet to phone :oops: So I just called and the nurse said to wait for the vet to call me :? The nurses can usually give an update... I asked and she hasn't passed away... But now I'm worried!

Maybe the nurse had only just got in and hadn't seen Josie or something? Hope all is okay try not to worry until you know there's a reason to!

The vet called (they'd just had a busy morning! :oops:) and Josie has gone downhill over night. :cry: She's had more diarrhoea. :cry: Poor girl. The vet will phone back between 3.30pm-4.30pm.

Gwen (Bunny Burrows) thinks she'll be better with me, so I may collect her tonight. Josie is very easy to syringe feed apparently, so I can give her whatever she's on at home. I might ask about giving SC fluids at home. Some people on here do that I think?

Back