• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i think i might rename scooter.

shadow05

Mama Doe
as the title says i dont think the name suited him or ever did so i was thinking of changing it. its to late to change it on his vet records so to them hell always be scooter but that doesnt matter. he doesnt respond to his name unless u say it in sort of a telling off voice.

think i might call him brain or chucky after the evil doll lol only messing

any ideas people.

I personally wouldnt he may not respond but he will know its his name I think its far to late to change it...

honesty he doesnt know it at all i think when u use it in a telling off voice he just responds to the sound not the name if u shouted something else he responds in the same way but if u say it normally u get not attention at all unless ur holding a fengreek crunchie.

so far i have brian, matthew, mike, blake, tyson, jacob, eddy, chucky i cant think of anything else and im more leaning towards jacob, brian and chucky.

honesty he doesnt know it at all i think when u use it in a telling off voice he just responds to the sound not the name if u shouted something else he responds in the same way but if u say it normally u get not attention at all unless ur holding a fengreek crunchie.

so far i have brian, matthew, mike, blake, tyson, jacob, eddy, chucky i cant think of anything else and im more leaning towards jacob, brian and chucky.

yeah:D

I agree with little-laura. I wouldn't rename him, just because he is unresponsive does NOT mean he doesn't know his name

I don't believe animals know their names, I've even tested the theory with my cats. They will turn to you if you call them in a particular tone-any name, however, if you call their name in a tone you don't usually use for them they don't respond at all, may be different for dogs mind, I've never had one!!

I like Eddy or Jacob from your list best :)

I don't believe animals know their names, I've even tested the theory with my cats. They will turn to you if you call them in a particular tone-any name, however, if you call their name in a tone you don't usually use for them they don't respond at all, may be different for dogs mind, I've never had one!!

I like Eddy or Jacob from your list best :)

Of course they know them! :lol: All my animals except 2 guinea pigs and 2 hamsters come to their names. Some of them have middle names and they come to them too.

Or give him a nickname?

I had a bunny called Fairy Cake, who was only ever called Fairy Cake at the vets, and the rest of the time she was called Boof or Boofa.

Or give him a nickname?

I had a bunny called Fairy Cake, who was only ever called Fairy Cake at the vets, and the rest of the time she was called Boof or Boofa.

My Bunsk is called Pepy at the vets!

Or give him a nickname?

lol techincally his nick name is chucky ive nicknamed him chucky since he came to me because of how badly behavied he was. the nickname has just sticked since then i call him it every so often.

his nick name came from that really scary doll that does very bad things :lol:

i know its horrible i nicked named him that but this was way before he had been neutered and before i came on RU.

his other nick name is buddy which is used a lot more especially lately.

because my bedroom is being decorated he is living down stairs and i think its scaring him. but there isnt a lot i can do he is in the only place he can be put in the house. unfortunately its in the same room and the dog and my mom is also in here during most of the day and she smokes :evil:. the windows are always open so its not to bad ill be happy when its all done and i can take him back upstairs in a brand new pen that will be in total 11ft and will stay like tht until the day i get out of here.

the reason i think hes scared is because he is really clinging and thats not how he is normally when i pick him up he doesnt thrash at all. im trying to enjoy it while i can but i cant knowing that hes scared. ive tried bringing as many things from his cage down here in the hopes hell feel better but so far no luck. :(

Back