• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Arrested For Hoarding Rabbits

She obviously needs mental help. I feel so sorry for those rabbits though. Why on earth would you keep dead ones in the freezer? :shock: I would guess none got proper vet treatment which is why she ended up with so many. :cry:

I think she did love them, she found them when the police took them away and stole them back. She probably kept them in the freezer because she was so upset when they died she couldn't part with their bodies. :( Clearly jail won't do anything at all, she needs mental help.

But animal hoarding is a sign of severe mental illness and she needs help rather than punishment. I know lots of rabbits suffered but if someone is that mentally I'll then they can't be held 100% responsible for their actions.

she will have a psychiriatric evaluation and if they think she has mental health issues she will probably be moved to some sort of mh institution instead...

Its really sad lots of bunnies died because of this...

Bunny Hoarder

This is such a sad story!

I'm a researcher for the series Confessions: Animal Hoarding, currently airing on Animal Planet that tells the stories of people overwhelmed by the number of pets they own. The problem is on the rise and affects communities across America.

Most of these situations aren’t dealt with until they become criminal. This results in animals being euthanized by over-stressed shelters, and doesn’t address the underlying psychological issues - meaning nearly 100% of people end up in the same situation again.

We are dedicated to finding comprehensive long-term solutions and believe therapy to be key to therapy to be key to this. We can bring in experts to help people and their pets.

If you or someone you know needs help because animals have overrun their life, visit www.animalhoardingproject.com to learn more and submit their story. Alternatively, contact me directly at help@animalhoardingproject.com or toll-free at
1 -877-698-7387.

We will treat all submissions with confidentiality and respect.

From my work as a researcher for this show I can tell you that there is not enough support for animal hoarders in the USA. You need both animal control and social services to work together. There is some deep emotional trauma or illness underneath this woman's compulsion to keep hundreds of bunnies. Very sad. I hope she gets the help she needs.

Back