• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anise (yearling)

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
My dad acquired a beautiful but feisty yearling in February when I was home. I just found the memory card with the photos on. Haven't been home since then!

Disliking the handler/ being a poser.

IMG_0531_2-1.jpg

IMG_0532_2-1.jpg

IMG_0543_2-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I looked and then got distracted by the cat :oops: she is lovely but looks like a handful - what is your dad going to do with her?

Sorry I looked and then got distracted by the cat :oops: she is lovely but looks like a handful - what is your dad going to do with her?

She is a bit green isn't she :lol:
He's just taming her and getting her used to people and tack until she's old enough to be backed properly. It'll be a few years before we ride her. She's a thoroughbred but the vet said she's not fit for yearling training (airways are a bit on the narrow side, like our old filly Papparazza!) so instead of her being at the stables where she won't get the attention she deserves we have her and will just look after her, he walks by her side round the fields most mornings before he leaves for work, we'll take her out on light journeys when she's old enough and she can just enjoy our land at her leisure really.
And she'll have better knees than most thoroughbreds for her relaxing childhood!

Last edited:
That was my first thought :lol:

Horses scare me which is why I didn't comment earlier :oops: :lol:

Aww, I used to find horses really scary. I always thought they were going to bite my arm if I touched them :shock:
It's never happened though :D
A stroppy little shetland did tear a bit off one of my coats once but I personally have never been bitten :lol:

Aww, I used to find horses really scary. I always thought they were going to bite my arm if I touched them :shock:
It's never happened though :D
A stroppy little shetland did tear a bit off one of my coats once but I personally have never been bitten :lol:

I was bitten on my boob once by an over keen welsh cob :shock:

I was bitten on my boob once by an over keen welsh cob :shock:

Haha, I can't imagine that being a particularly pleasant experience! Did it hurt? (stupid question I know but I've always wondered if horse bites are as painful as other animal bites or if it's like when a bunny nips to say "I wuvz you, but MOVE" which just feels kind of blunt and achey)

Haha, I can't imagine that being a particularly pleasant experience! Did it hurt? (stupid question I know but I've always wondered if horse bites are as painful as other animal bites or if it's like when a bunny nips to say "I wuvz you, but MOVE" which just feels kind of blunt and achey)

Its like a large pinch bruised a LOT

Its like a large pinch bruised a LOT

Ooh not nice!

My dad says she's calmed down a lot since the photos were taken. She still gets uppity if she sees someone she doesn't know but she's really much happier now. I think she didn't like being in a stable, and is wary of new people. Stables must have been very claustrophobic for her because she's not a small horse!

Back