• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal sheds - thoughts?

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Quick question RU...

Was wondering what you all thought of a metal shed for bun housing with felt on the roof to stop noise from rain?

OH said it would be easy to put different levels, the couldn't chew metal, it's easy to clean and easy to fit a cat flap.

It's just that he was asking as we only have a certain amount of money and could get a larger shed if it could be metal?

Thoughts????

Hmmm, I would imagine the main downside would be it getting very cold in winter yet very hot in summer. I maybe wrong though :?

Hmmm, I would imagine the main downside would be it getting very cold in winter yet very hot in summer. I maybe wrong though :?

^^^ that's what I would have thought, but could it be insulated to reflect the heat/keep warm in over winter??

We'd put in windows for fresh air and where the shed would be isn't ever in direct line of the sun... It could be insulated easily for winter.

If it's a bad idea, that's fine! I was simply asking the wise people of RU as I couldn't think of a reason why it wouldn't be ok :)

I wouldn't because too hot summer/too cold winter. Even allowing for insulation, would have thought a wooden shed would be better. Even they can get hot this time of year

Some metal sheds can have sharp edges so watch out for that, also they do get hot in the summer or cold in the winter, some are very lightweight, also some are treated with chemicals to prevent rust so you would have to check that it is not toxic

Back