• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Toby, Bloss and Flora have goodluck vibes please-U/D back from vets. bad news :(

xxranxx

Alpha Buck
theyve all been a bit 'off it' over the past week in turns. flora had a bit of a clear runny nose friday and snuffly but thats gone and shes back to normal and toby has a bit of a tummy issue that i think was down to moulting as his poos were strung together with hair :roll: and no blossom has been under the weather over the weekend not fussed about food, only eating when she thinks im not looking and wouldnt accept treats :shock: im not sure if theyre all just having a bad time with moulting or something else but theyre off to the vets at half 5 today to get teefs checked and tums etc just to put my mind at ease :) the little monsters seem back to normal today though eating everything and been generally destructive :lol:

Last edited:
Back from the vets and theres bad news and a little good news, good news is blossom the bun i thought was ill is fine, bad news is flora has sniffles and had antibiotic jab, and poor toby bunster needs a dental tomorrow :( dreading the GA. but she said because he can be a bit dodgey with his eating and had stasis before its best not to let the teeth get too bad and stop him eating :( theyre all on pro biotics too for 5 days. Loads of vibes needed for tomorrow im so worried about little toby :(

oh my what a worry......:(

dental buns seem to head for my house!!

least your vet hasnt fobbed you off with oral baytril for the sniffles.

good luck vibes for toby. xx

Good luck vibes for the bunnies. I hope the Toby's operation goes well tomorrow.

Also if you are worried about tummies and moulting I've heard that a little pineapple is very good for this - I brought some from Aunty Sally's and my bunnies love it. I hope Toby comes through his operation well so that he can have love and treats.

oh my what a worry......:(

dental buns seem to head for my house!!

least your vet hasnt fobbed you off with oral baytril for the sniffles.

good luck vibes for toby. xx

He'l be about 2 and a half years old now and only had his teeth done when he was castrated so hopefully its not going to be a regular thing and just once in a while, i dont care about the cost of it just the worry of GAs but he was fine after castration so hopefully will breeze through tomorrow. :love:
My vet is my god mother so shes quite good at not fobbing me off with things that dont do the job straight away and she also knows how obsessed and over protective i am :lol:

Good luck vibes for the bunnies. I hope the Toby's operation goes well tomorrow.

Also if you are worried about tummies and moulting I've heard that a little pineapple is very good for this - I brought some from Aunty Sally's and my bunnies love it. I hope Toby comes through his operation well so that he can have love and treats.

Ahh really ? the dried pinapple ? whats aunty sallys? il get some and try them with it thank youu :) toby was fine after last GA so hopefully will be finee :)

http://www.auntysallys.co.uk/

But re the pineapple, lots of places do it including The Hay Experts and the like.

I have mixed feelings about pineapple for fur - I wonder if it upsets the Ph balance of the gut too much. Jury's out for me despite knowing lots of people do suggest this for fur.

Ahh yes good point i think i might just leave it them hes down to the very back of his bum molt wise so hopefully the worst is over :lol: girls arent soo bad. but hes a funny bun with food so prob wouldnt eat it:roll: iv switched them from lots of veg daily to foraged foods and they seem to be eating them more and seem a bit more them selves anyway so could of been gassy veg making them feel under weather as well as teeth and sniffles :( if it was the veg i feel awful poor buns :(

I use papaya enzyme tablets for my 2 to help with the fur issue...Blue moults like a trooper and his first wifey died of an impaction cause partially by the fur she had ingested :cry::cry::cry:
I got recommended them by someone (jane maybe?) ans they have a tablet each every morning after breakfast
Hope Toby is ok tomorrow.x

I use papaya enzyme tablets for my 2 to help with the fur issue...Blue moults like a trooper and his first wifey died of an impaction cause partially by the fur she had ingested :cry::cry::cry:
I got recommended them by someone (jane maybe?) ans they have a tablet each every morning after breakfast
Hope Toby is ok tomorrow.x

Ooh iv not heard of them... where do you get them? do your buns eat the tablet :shock: toby is so fussy he prob wouldnt touch it i tried him with basil tonight and he sniffed it, licked it and then looked like a bunny version of this face >>:shock: haha i think he thought i was poisoning him. but i might get some and see :)

Back