• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keep thinking about that pet shop...

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
We were visiting my auntie, uncle and cousin who live in Shoreham, and we usually go over the bridge into the town bit for a look around or to get the train to Brighton. And I noticed a pet shop so I thought while they were in the antiques place I'd go and look for a present for Poppy (didn't have Donny then) And it was horrible.. There was a little old lady who owned it and she was really nice but oh my god... The was a white rabbit in a tank/enclosed box with 6 guinea pigs! And another the the side of it and hamsters and things in the ones above. And they were literally ...about 2 1/2ft long and 1 1/2 deep.. Full of sawdust and no visible ventilation, with a regular sized rabbit food bowl of water but because it was so small, it took up most of the room and the rabbit was just sitting in the corner with all the guinea pigs running around.. The fish section had a 'breeding pair' of fish but one of them was dead :? And it was generally small and boiling hot so I can only imagine what the animals where like.. And to top it all off, a bloke and his daughter and son came in and in a VERY posh voice the son said "OH DADDY, BUT I WANT A LIZARD" and the dad went "Sebastian, you have too many lizards..." :roll: Most people around where my auntie live talk like that though lol. Right on the sea front...:?

Such a shame about those animals though :(

Last edited:
It's horrible. I had a bad experience with one today :cry:
Wish people would stop selling animals in petshops that don't have enough room!

Back