• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rain question

chul

Staff member
Do you let your buns out in the rain? Do you dry them off after, even if they live outside?

no i dont but sometimes they get caught in a shower when im not quick enough :oops:
then i wrap them in a towel and give them a quick dry and back in hutches lol

I try to get them in if it rains......but that's easier said than done! I have tried to dry Bramble off with a towel, but not very successfully! :roll: I usually let them dry themselves.

Yep they have loads of shelter and often choose to sit out in it !! Never needed to dry them off although would if needed !

I wondered this too:wave: Poppy has a shed which is big enough and comes inside by her own choice if its raining. She has plenty of space and I dont suppose the weather bothers her too much.

Snowy only has a hutch and run (he will be bonded with Poppy and live in the shed) but insists on sitting out in the rain. I have covered the run with a tarpaulin so the run is pretty waterproof but it just seems miserable for him:(

My next job today is to put my big dog crate up and puppy pen...I have decided to bring him inside until he's bonded with Poppy...its too wet and miserable and I feel so guilty that he's in it:(

See, mine freerange, and I wondered if I should let them out in the rain or not... They were house buns until a week ago.

Mine actively choose to sit in it :roll: i do put their cover on the run bit if i know its about to rain but if there's a sudden shower i go out to cover them over and they are sitting right out in it despite having the back half of their run sheltered by the hutch upstairs and their hutch to go sit in if they didn't like it. If its prolonged they do go indoors eventually but they seem to enjoy iy. I've never dried them off either.

Is there a reason why, or do you just have covered runs etc?

All my accommodations are full weather proofed, but I'm just not comfortable with it with how vulnerable some of mine are. The only one I would be happy with letting get wet would be Roger the wildie because his instincts are smart and his fur is so different from everybunny elses.

I don't even like mine getting their feetsies wet :lol:

All my accommodations are full weather proofed, but I'm just not comfortable with it with how vulnerable some of mine are. The only one I would be happy with letting get wet would be Roger the wildie because his instincts are smart and his fur is so different from everybunny elses.

I don't even like mine getting their feetsies wet :lol:

Thanks, I value your opinions :)

I don't feel right letting Belle get too wet, as she has long fur that I think would take ages to dry.

I always open the door so that they can go out if they want to. The rain doesn't seem to phase them at all, when they get fed up they go back inside and clean themselves.

Thanks, I value your opinions :)

I don't feel right letting Belle get too wet, as she has long fur that I think would take ages to dry.

She might be likely to matt quickly too, so you would have to be very hot on your grooming. I've seen somes horrendous situations where the owner let long furred rabbits get wet and didn't groom them after. Just a word of warning if you do go with it :)

She might be likely to matt quickly too, so you would have to be very hot on your grooming. I've seen somes horrendous situations where the owner let long furred rabbits get wet and didn't groom them after. Just a word of warning if you do go with it :)

Thanks, she is very prone to matts as it is, and I never though that rain would add to it.

Mine love the rain. I don't mind them getting wet in summer but in winter or when it is cold I don't let them out round the garden because I don't think they would be dry by night when they need to be warm.

i try not to let mine get wet.. on days like this i cover the doorway and run with a waterprof sheet. i don't like the thought of them being damp all day/night!

Sometimes we have to give Roly a dry with the towel as the wee half wit will sit in the middle of the lawn even in heavy rain. :roll::lol: We normally put them in when it starts raining though. :)

Back