• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Today.

Isis

Mama Doe
I am bonding my boys today, they're both coming into my bedroom for a week. Just going to create this thread to ask questions.

The first question:
What do I do about feeding them when bonding?

Good Luck :D

Not sure what other people will say but when I feed when bonding, I just pop a bowl in for each bun. Sometimes they go seperate, sometimes they eat together :D I just like to give the option!

When I bonded, I scattered food in the middle so both could get to it without blocking the other

Think I will just scatter food and maybe hay as well. They are a giant and a lionhead, so they will look weird together. I will post photos when I start :)

good luck!

Feeding, I have found, can be different for different bunnies and personalities. Somme need scatter feeding, some need a big bowl, so wait and see what they need.

My dad had told me that I am not allowed to bring them inside (the only place I can), so bonding is off. And with everything else, I've had enough, I've walked out. Not sure what to do now :cry:

And it has bought all my suicidal thoughts back.

awww hun.....

can you not sit down with him and explain they will only be inside temporally and just for the bonding and how it makes their lives better

awww hun.....

can you not sit down with him and explain they will only be inside temporally and just for the bonding and how it makes their lives better

I've explain all this to him, I just don't understand him. My step-mum is fine about it and understand why it needs to be done and how it needs to be done. But as soon as my dad gets this idea in his head, it's hard to shift him.

Just so much has gone on in the past few months, I've just paid for him to go to scotland, for his sons wedding (my brother), I booked all the flights, booked the B&B and paid for it (which he will pay me back). But I've not yet had a thank you from him. If it wasn't for the fact that I've pushed him into going, he wouldn't of gone. My boyfriend went up with us, and we involved him in everything we done together and made sure he wasn't being ignored or left out in anyway.

My dad made another comment yesterday, about me eating some of my brother's wedding cake, bare in mind I am vegan. And don't eat cake, unless it is dairy and egg free. He said I should eat some, because it is my brother's wedding cake!! I does not respect my views on being a vegan.

I've suffered with severe depression for the last 8 months, with suicidal thoughts. I was starting to feel good again, but I've just had enough. And everything I have worked on the last 8 weeks has just flown out the window. I've not been posting much on here (although I've started posting on here the last few days) because some things is just too much for me to handle.

I am sorry for saying all the **** in rabbit chat, think I needed to get it off my chest.

If you can, go somewhere safe for now and then go back when you're calmer. You do have to go back because your animals are there, even if it's difficult.

Could you call your step mum and talk to her?

Suicidal thoughts often come along when strategies for coping with something is outweighed by the pain you're feeling. But that instant and acute pain will pass, it's just a case of hanging on in there and working to try and change the situation that is causing you the pain.

How about going to the docs, given this is an ongoing problem, and see if they can offer you any support and help?

Back