• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Veg - Benson's gone off his... any advice or thoughts?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
They don't get much - just a florette of broc and a carrot ring every morning or a bit of a spring green leaf. The rest of their fresh food is foreaged or shop bought herbs.

Lola guzzles everything but Benson has gone off the veg. He will eat the foreaged stuff and herbs and loves his pellets, but wont take the veg anymore!

Anyone any ideas why he's went off them? Then other times he will have some. He didn't used to be picky....

Anybody any experience in this area? :?

They are both full of life. Benson especially - sometimes I wonder would he rather run around than eat his veg?

Sometimes veg just tastes nicer than other times :)

And if there is more tempting stuff on offer he'll choose that first.

That must be all it is. I usually give them the veg separate before pellets, but the wee blighter hovers around the cupboard where the pellets are kept and wont take his carrot or broc. off me! He dives into his pellets and then finishes Lolas! There wouldn't be anything wrong with him would there? He will guzzle herbs and hawthorne and dandilions and rose petals. Wouldnt be teeth or anything would it? Or might veg give him a sore tummy maybe?:?

:wave: Headache in retreat so I've popped on. You know Spenser has phases of being off his veg. Does Benson not eat his veg if you leave it with him? Sounds as if Benson has a good diet and just doesn't like broccoli or carrot any more. Spenser won't touch either.

my pair always opt for the foraged stuff first, maybe the supermarket stuff has a funny taste with all the treatments they use and now there are other options he would rather fill up on them :D

:wave: Headache in retreat so I've popped on. You know Spenser has phases of being off his veg. Does Benson not eat his veg if you leave it with him? Sounds as if Benson has a good diet and just doesn't like broccoli or carrot any more. Spenser won't touch either.

That must be all it is! I cant leave it with him as Lola would scoff it! :roll:

my pair always opt for the foraged stuff first, maybe the supermarket stuff has a funny taste with all the treatments they use and now there are other options he would rather fill up on them :D

Must be. I just didn't imagine him haveing the forethought to think of that! Smarter than I thought!!:lol:

it shocks me how self knowing these bunnies are :oops: when Alvins tummy is off he goes mad for brambles, crazy cant get enough... i could give Judy a HUGE kiss and hug for showing me how to listen to Alvin food wise :D

he also goes insane mad for pellets but only when his tummy is ok, otherwise he wont touch them :shock:

it shocks me how self knowing these bunnies are :oops: when Alvins tummy is off he goes mad for brambles, crazy cant get enough... i could give Judy a HUGE kiss and hug for showing me how to listen to Alvin food wise :D

he also goes insane mad for pellets but only when his tummy is ok, otherwise he wont touch them :shock:

Judy's good! She's darn good!! Well for all they get of veg - it's no great loss. Hope your brood are good today!

Back