• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

THIS is what my Bravehart fought & beat *warning:upsetting myxi pics*

Hugbut

Mama Doe
I've just found these pics that I thought had been lost when my old computer died & wanted to share them - Hugo during his fight against myxomatosis. This is why I call him Braveheart....

Before, with his nose :love:
6b29162d.jpg

During:
5ad8fdbd.jpg

48dd7fdc.jpg

Afterwards - the twitcher part of his nose died & fell off :shock: Once that happened he recovered pretty quickly & became a house bun :love:
26015b10.jpg

People who saw him would make fun of his missing nose but I didn't care that he looked different, he was alive after everyone told me he wouldn't make it - to me he was perfect. My precious boy survived for 2 years after beating myxi - he died in my arms of a suspected heart attack. I miss him more than words can say :cry:

Ooh what a handsome chap :love:

I had a bun that had a stroke, I nursed him, and he too lived for a further two years - it makes them 'super special' eh? :love:

Have fun handsome xxxxx

Awww bless him my boy buttons had mixi and he sadly died, well done to your brave boy for fighting and giving you a little more time with him :)

Oh my gosh, what a handsome brave bun! I can't believe his 'wiggle' fell off, poor chap!

We hold a special place in our hearts for those we fight hard with.... my Tipsy battles abscesses for 6 months and beat them, the fight was painfil, costly and time-consuming. Several times I thought I was going to lose her. But she beat them, and lived a further 18 months before damaging her spine somehow in her hutch during a thunder storm. She lost the use of her legs, and very quickly, her interest in life.

Some buns live on in our hearts. :love:

Back