• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why can't they all be like Floppy at bedtime?

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
When I go to put them all back in their night accommodation, there is a lot of chasing, OH at one end of the run and me at the other ready to catch one as they come our way.

All that is but Floppy. Once everyone else is in bed I walk from one end of the run to the other and he runs into the shelter. Then all I have to do is lift up the lid and lift him out. Simple!!

What makes it worse is the runs are in the front garden on the good grass so the neighbours must love their nightly show of us running round like idiots while the rabbits get one over on us.:oops:

I enjoyed reading that as I know the feeling well :roll::roll::roll: .... except Lord Spenser's run is in the back garden. Actually tonight he allowed me to pick him up and have a nice cuddle before carrying him to and from the run. :shock::D:love:

We've trained ours - quite successfully and very quickly (less than a week) to go to their hutch by making the distribution of pellet food their bedtime treat. Either my son or daughter - they take turns so no fighting! - gets the bucket of pellets, stirs it and calls their names. They both stopped eating the grass and obediently hopped to the shed where their hutch is and into bed. If only the kids went to bed so quick ... :lol:

We've trained ours - quite successfully and very quickly (less than a week) to go to their hutch by making the distribution of pellet food their bedtime treat. Either my son or daughter - they take turns so no fighting! - gets the bucket of pellets, stirs it and calls their names. They both stopped eating the grass and obediently hopped to the shed where their hutch is and into bed. If only the kids went to bed so quick ... :lol:

Yep, that is what frustrates me! It is easier tom get them in when they are free ranging in the back garden by giving them their tea than it is to corner them in a run!!!:lol::lol:

I enjoyed reading that as I know the feeling well :roll::roll::roll: .... except Lord Spenser's run is in the back garden. Actually tonight he allowed me to pick him up and have a nice cuddle before carrying him to and from the run. :shock::D:love:

You were honoured!! I still have Rosie and Sky at the moment and they are by far the worst!!

Yep, that is what frustrates me! It is easier tom get them in when they are free ranging in the back garden by giving them their tea than it is to corner them in a run!!!:lol::lol:

Could you split their food so you have a few pellets left for night time? It will make yours and the bunnies bedtimes far less stressful. :wave:

Could you split their food so you have a few pellets left for night time? It will make yours and the bunnies bedtimes far less stressful. :wave:

Unfortunately I have to get them from front garden to back garden which means catching them or getting them into a carrier. They get their little handful of pellets and herbs at bedtime once they are in the night hutch/run. It is much to far and along a narrow path down the side of the house to join them up in anyway.

Normally they free range all day in the back garden and it is only fosters out the front however we are relaying the patio and grass eta out the back which is why we are having this drama!!

Barney free ranges till I go to bed, he has now started coming in the house and chilling in here. When its bedtime I herd him out much to his disgust, he keeps running back into the sitting room, last night he ran straight past his hutch door and into the wash house. Normally the door is shut but cant shut it at the moment as I have 8x4 plywood sticking out of it. I was on till 3.00am trying to get him out :shock: He kept going right to the back and I couldn't reach him cos of the plywood!! It was chucking it down also and I was in my dressing gown, eventually got him after lots of coaxing with a fenugreek crunchie :roll: I have now blocked access to wash house with various things!!

Barney free ranges till I go to bed, he has now started coming in the house and chilling in here. When its bedtime I herd him out much to his disgust, he keeps running back into the sitting room, last night he ran straight past his hutch door and into the wash house. Normally the door is shut but cant shut it at the moment as I have 8x4 plywood sticking out of it. I was on till 3.00am trying to get him out :shock: He kept going right to the back and I couldn't reach him cos of the plywood!! It was chucking it down also and I was in my dressing gown, eventually got him after lots of coaxing with a fenugreek crunchie :roll: I have now blocked access to wash house with various things!!

:(:(:(. A great night then! I am amazed at how fast and nimble they are! Bet he was popular!

Back