• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Grandad has asked..

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
If he can 'borrow' one of my rabbits to go 'play' with his rabbit very now and again :evil::evil:

I explained to him its a 'no' and explained why etc

he isn't having any of it!! he thinks he is right all the time!! now im really worried, once he gets sumet in his head he won't drop it!!!

But he can talk all he likes. If you decide not to let your rabbits go somewhere, then it doesn't matter if he talks, just keep saying no. If you are worried he might take it himself, then put padlocks on.

It's more likely that him constantly going on about it will annoy you than any risk or damage to the bunny, I would think.

If he has the internet, could you bring him to the forum? Or maybe print out some stuff for him to read? May not help, but won't hurt.

But he can talk all he likes. If you decide not to let your rabbits go somewhere, then it doesn't matter if he talks, just keep saying no. If you are worried he might take it himself, then put padlocks on.

It's more likely that him constantly going on about it will annoy you than any risk or damage to the bunny, I would think.

If he has the internet, could you bring him to the forum? Or maybe print out some stuff for him to read? May not help, but won't hurt.

yh I no he can't phyically take them, but will keep on and on, and saying nothing will happen and they will be fine blah blah, nothing I say will change his mind!

he dosen't have the net, if I printed stuff off he would soo not be happy! he would refuse it and go all funny!

its so difficault! he is used to rabbits living in tiny hutch (his one now has a double 4ft) he just dosn't get it!!

he finds getting and listening to advice from me/others hard to take as he knoes best all the time

ahh

So if he talks about it, just tune out. You don't need to change his mind, just keep your bunnies safe. If he won't take any advice, then that's the best you can do. Obviously educating would be better, but it's not always possible.

Make it into a game. Every time he raises the subject, change it to something compeltely different, or tally how many times he asks you when he sees you, stuff like that.

aww bless him - his hearts clearly in the right place, he must think the bunnies would have fun...

could he accomodate a second bunny to keep his company? x

Can't your parents talk to him?
Maybe he would accept a no from adults rather than a no from a teenager?

aww bless him - his hearts clearly in the right place, he must think the bunnies would have fun...

could he accomodate a second bunny to keep his company? x

This. It was very different in their days and its often very difficult to change the veiw of the older generation :roll:

Just tell him you dont want to risk it. He doesnt know as much about buns as you, he's just nieve

Maybe he'd like a picture of my rabbits deformed anus, he's like that because he got to another rabbit, it only took a few seconds and you can't just drag them off each other because it tears skin :(

Maybe he'd like a picture of my rabbits deformed anus, he's like that because he got to another rabbit, it only took a few seconds and you can't just drag them off each other because it tears skin :(

Yup. Tell him that far from a playdate it will more than likely be a bloodbath as his bunny won't see a friend coming to play but an enemy invading it's territory.

Every time he brings it up just say back that you'll help pair his rabbit up with a permanent friend from rescue by bonding them properly if he'll get a shed or other large enough accommodation for them to live him. He'll get sick of repeating himself if all you do is repeat yourself back at him constantly. If he says he can't afford another rabbit or a shed, ask him can he afford the vet bill to stitch both rabbits back together after a play date. If he says they won't just say they will. It will do your head in, but hopefully it will do his head in enough for him to drop it. Just have an answer for each excuse.

Last edited:
Back