• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Collecting Bumble Boo later today

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
I am VERY excited. My new BARC bun, Bumble Boo, is on the final stage of his very long journey today. I am picking him up this afternoon from Tracy. I am so looking forward to meeting this gorgeous bun and getting to know him.

I wish I could add photos but modern technology is beyond my tiny mind:(

I will update when I have collected him and settled him into his hutch.

Thank you lots to all who have helped with the long Bunny run - and managed to refrain from Bumble-napping him. I know it was close at times:)

Well he is here:):):)

Bumble Boo is absolutely adorable. He is so tiny, yet very confident. He is exploring the hutch and has already come outside onto the top step to have a look around.

I've had a brief cuddle but got scratched as he wanted to go and explore. I am leaving him in peace now. He has hay, water, spring greens, cucumber and some pellets.

Tomorrow I will go and buy him some toys and a new bowl and bottle of his own (I like the bunny one from Wilkos in another thread). It is great having this week off as it will really give me a chance to get to know him and find out what he likes/dislikes.

He didn't bump into the partition in his hutch and Angie thinks his short sight isn't too bad, it's his long sight which is poor.

A huge thank you to everyone for helping get Bumble Boo to his forever home. We are both very grateful:love::love:

Bumble Boo has now come out of the hutch and is exploring his run. He has also nommed some spring greens. He seems to have settled in really well but ran and hid when I came to the gate of the run, even though I did speak to him before I entered. I think he heard me before I spoke so I need to start talking to him sooner.

He is gorgeous:love:

I miss the little fella like mad ... tell him aunty Angie loves him and i say he has to be good for his new mummy and to forget the norty things the other BARC bunnies have been teaching him :wave:

it takes me back

aaaawww! it takes me back to when i collected barnes form BARC, so exciting, glad the little boy has found his forever home.

em x

One of my trio, Munchkin, has been coming up to the divider in their run to see the new arrival. So much for me worrying about Bumble not managing the steps down from the hutch (that I had to put there for Sue towards the end:(), he just takes a flying leap down two at once and the same to get back into his hutch.

I hated leaving him outside in a big hutch on his own but he was happily nomming away. I had given him a water bowl which I think he has paddled in but once I found out he is used to a bottle I've put one in too so he has the choice.

I think I will probably try bonding him sooner rather than later as he seems so laid back and I think he does need bunny company. I'll take him to my vet to register him and get his myxi vaccination done and see how he copes with that.

I seem to have gained a carrier? Tracy said it isn't hers and she was given it with Bumble. Does someone need it posting somewhere?

I have taken some photos of Bumble and will try and work out how to get them onto the PC and then onto RU. I've tried before and failed but I have a bit more time as I am on leave this week.

I have a feeling Bumble is going to be a real character. He is very inquisitive. Just hope he isn't too norty - being a BARC bunny:)

One of my trio, Munchkin, has been coming up to the divider in their run to see the new arrival. So much for me worrying about Bumble not managing the steps down from the hutch (that I had to put there for Sue towards the end:(), he just takes a flying leap down two at once and the same to get back into his hutch.

I hated leaving him outside in a big hutch on his own but he was happily nomming away. I had given him a water bowl which I think he has paddled in but once I found out he is used to a bottle I've put one in too so he has the choice.

I think I will probably try bonding him sooner rather than later as he seems so laid back and I think he does need bunny company. I'll take him to my vet to register him and get his myxi vaccination done and see how he copes with that.

I seem to have gained a carrier? Tracy said it isn't hers and she was given it with Bumble. Does someone need it posting somewhere?

I have taken some photos of Bumble and will try and work out how to get them onto the PC and then onto RU. I've tried before and failed but I have a bit more time as I am on leave this week.

I have a feeling Bumble is going to be a real character. He is very inquisitive. Just hope he isn't too norty - being a BARC bunny:)

the carrier was a spare from here .. keep it .:wave:

Thanks, Angie. Another one will come in handy as I only have two - and one of those has part of it missing.

Bumble hasn't eaten all his pellets, but seems OK. He has eaten his carrot, spring greens and most of the cucumber he travelled with:) He is scanning a lot but is jumping in and out of the hutch, barely using the steps. I haven't seen him bump into anything yet.

I managed to have a proper cuddle this morning and rubbed his nose like Auntie Angie told me he likes - and told him that was how I knew he liked it. He seemed to like the cuddle as I had my thick fleecy dressing gown on. I talk to him a lot to try and get him used to my voice.

Molly and Munchkin are both very keen to meet their new friend - and keep coming up to the divider. I so hope the bond will work. I think Bumble will benefit from having bunny companions. If the bond doesn't work I will rehome a wife for Bumble as I work too much for him to live alone.

Am going to buy him some toys today and put a tunnel in his run. It's a new one I bought when they were on offer in PAH. It's soft so if he does bump into it it won't hurt him. He is using his litter tray like a good bun:)

Well, Bumble Boo Bun is being a typical BARC bun:shock:

I fed the trio first last night and shut them up. I had removed the divider so I didn't have to climb over it. Bumble bounced straight over into the other part of the run and then had a good look through the ground floor wire of the hutch. He then went down the side of the hutch (tiny, tiny space) and when I tried to reach him he just went under the hutch where I had no hope of getting him as it is too small for my hands to fit.

I went to give hay to Furby and Faye and Bumble came out and went through the trio's tunnel twice - he loved it - but when he saw me (yes, I am sure he 'saw' me) he ran back and hid again.

Eventually I managed to grab him from down the side of the hutch (just as well he is tiny as only one hand would fit). He was clearly very impressed with his new trick.

We had a cuddle and he didn't struggle at all:love: He didn't bump into anything in the other part of the run - and there are more objects there. He went straight in and out of the tunnel too. He has his own brand new one to play with today:love:

Yes, Bumble Boo Bun is a character - and I am totally in love with my new fur baby, norty though he is:love: Tried him with a couple of pieces of apple last night and he loved them. He adores spring greens and dandelions too but isn't that fussed about his pellets but as he is eating so much fresh stuff, including hay, I am not bothered.

Back