• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A bit of help please?!?! Brandy and Lewis

luchy

Warren Scout
Hi all!
Hope you are ok.
Brandy and Lewis seem to get on brilliantly but I went down to let them out this morning and there was a lump of Brandys fur of the floor. I think she is still getting humped as it is from her back. I have not seen Lewis doing this but I don't think it was through a fight as they are snuggling. Brandy is even stealing food from Lewis whilst he is eating it.
Should I be concerned? :wave:

does the lump of fur have skin on it(that is - does it feel still at the end of the fur that was pulled out?) Have you checked the nape of the neck and all over for bite wounds?

regarding the food can you not cut the food in half to make sure they share or put two bowls out? I would weigh the bunny who is having their food stolen now then weigh again in 2 weeks time If the same weight I would weigh a 2nd time in a further 2 weeks to double check they are getting their share.

sue:wave:

Thanks Sue.
No sign of any bite wounds, just a little bald patch just below the back of her neck.
Good idea with the weighing! Will get on to that today.
Thanks! :D

My lionheads tend to fight at pellet time. I usually hand feed so they get enough pellets.

Back