• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Moaning neighbours!!

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
My downstairs neighbour has said something about Minnie shes waking her @ night!! The neighbour sleeps in her frontroom and Minnie shakes the run at night quite alot as its moved when i get up to let her out in the morning:shock:

Was thinking might get another dog crate and attach it to the crate i have already as she wont be able to move that,shes only in it at night and when i pop out to the school,and if was ever going out longer i can always attach the run aswell.what do u guys think?

Cant wait till she gets her hubbie she will be happier at night.
xx

I'd pop a pair of ear plugs through your neighbours door and leave it at that :D

It depends how much you like your neighbours I guess. I used to live in a flat and unfortunately noise seems to travel down through the floor terribly so I'd probably have mentioned something too but in a friendly way.

What size is the run? Is she normally free range in that room? I'm just wondering if it would be easier to leave her loose in the room (as presumably it's already bunny-proofed for daytime use?) and then there is nothing for her to rattle. :D

It depends how much you like your neighbours I guess. I used to live in a flat and unfortunately noise seems to travel down through the floor terribly so I'd probably have mentioned something too but in a friendly way.

What size is the run? Is she normally free range in that room? I'm just wondering if it would be easier to leave her loose in the room (as presumably it's already bunny-proofed for daytime use?) and then there is nothing for her to rattle. :D

her whole set-up is 7x4 thats run and crate together,room is bunny proofed only problem with leaving her out at night,is the boys get up to the loo and being half asleep would leave the door open and if she gets into one of the bedrooms there not bunny proofed,also she likes to nibble at the sofa and if i am not there to stop her i imagine she would have a field day at night lol.

Try and find out what is making the noise, if it is the run being lifted up, get some rubber matting and put under it. If it is the dog crate put a towel under it.

I always put a towel under the tray of the dog crate, as otherwise there is quite a lot of noise when the bunnies are hopping around. Most houses over here seem to have thin wooden floors/ceilings instead of concrete, so even the smallest sounds can be heard downstairs. I would try and put some soft materials under the part that causes the noise, or think of some other way to avoid too much noise. It's good to show some consideration to your neighbours.

above advise really good as i have this prob, i recently changed Doc and Beths set up, Beth hated it as she didnt have a small area to hide in, I took the old cage out of the enclosure and just put trays in big mistake she went nuts, so enclosure is back in and covered at night

even though its dark some buns do like a small space just to hide in, i wouldnt reckonmend a cardboard box as they get moved chewed and thrown which makes a racket too

it hasnt stopped it completly but its a lot less than before

her whole set-up is 7x4 thats run and crate together,room is bunny proofed only problem with leaving her out at night,is the boys get up to the loo and being half asleep would leave the door open and if she gets into one of the bedrooms there not bunny proofed,also she likes to nibble at the sofa and if i am not there to stop her i imagine she would have a field day at night lol.

:lol::lol::lol: Very true!

Some good ideas from Janice re. absorbing the noise. You may want to consider foam tiles as an option as well; they're very cushioned so I can imagine they would be pretty good sound-proofing.

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.207-9376.aspx

Or you can get them from Ebay (search 'foam mats') for £2 per tile. :)

Back