• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

merlins been admitted........:(

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
after a dental instead of a vhd jab........merlin and lily came home thursday afternoon.

both had to have metaclop but only merlin had to have metacam at home.

We ended up with him going backwards last night...and by this morning after being up with him overnight...he was much much worse.

we tried to feed him..he was so bloated even after all the infacol..metaclopramide hed had with the feeds.
He was squeaking when we picked him up......i think its his necrotic fatty tissue in his belly as well as having a sore mouth.

lily was very quiet till last night...but shed been eating and pooping a bit more but still small..he was doing sooo few poops and sooo tiny:(

so lilys bouncing around the pen...he wouldnt move..he got out his cage..then got back in.

ive seen this too many times:(

i met the vet at the closed local branch..shed forgotten to take a pet urine sample with her..shed come back for it to take it to the vetinary hospital. She took merlin back with her.

its awful....he was so obviously in pain and not doing well. The closer vet hospital with bunvets told me..without seeing him..hed be fine if i fed him on the hour every hour:? youre doing all we could she said..the vet trip will stress him out. ok the visit might..but seriously..my rabbits fading before my eyes:censored:

this has happened once before with this particular on call vet....sigh.

im relieved hes gone back in....theres no way i could feed him by myself every hour...my stupid epilepsy..id had a big fit overnite thursday..early hours friday morning. But this vet didnt seem to listen or care....

i know if its bloat..hes in the best place...hes not had enough fluid..so a drip or subcut fluids will be vital for him.

poor little man.......:(:(

please please vibes for our little black fluffernutter.

Don't blame yourself for Merlin staying at the vets. Sometimes, despite your epilepsy, the stress is too much. At least this way you can have a break.

I really hope Merlin is ok. xxx

Adding more vibes for Merlin.

I'm on leave from both jobs this week so if I can help at all, let me know. Am happy to drive you to Shedfield, if needs be, to visit Merlin.

I'm picking up Bumble this afternoon :love: but apart from that am around most of the week.

THANK YOU ALL!!:love:

right now i am furious! i got a phone call today to say merlin was eating fine and very bright. The vet had apparently said he was ok:shock:

so i pick him up bring him home..let him sleep.....omg.

hes actually worse than he was and doing even smaller poops than ever and not eating. So i rang the vet and the nurse said hed eaten lots of dandelions..oh no very few pellets...and a piece of hay:shock::censored:

its now obvious he was NOT ready to be sent home..im so mad i could spit fire i swear:evil:

oh and he was kept opposite a very vocal upset cat she told me tonight....they have a small animal ward ffs......its easier to keep an eye on them.:shock: luckily merlin lives with..adores and is adored by our cats..any other bunny would have been stressed out or poss died.

ive given him zantac..metaclopramide and metacam...the nurse tried to tell me he was NOT in stasis.

i am not going to take him back..thats 2 vets now have failed him in two days:censored: i could take him to the other vets hospital..but i know taking him may kill him from stress:(

i will however ring this other vets as theyre the closest and maybe they can do a home visit...im terrified now it is that necrotic fatty tissue in his gut:(
Why on earth do the vets i recommend then go and do this!!

vibes please please....i wished id insisted on him staying now..but kinda glad...the nurse was not helpful..misleading in fact....

nom nom vibes....pain relief vibes too.

Oh gosh thats terrible!!! I would definately try a new vet. I have just had to switch (long story). Meanwhile sending mahoosive nomming and pooing vibes xx

THANK YOU ALL!!:love:

right now i am furious! i got a phone call today to say merlin was eating fine and very bright. The vet had apparently said he was ok:shock:

so i pick him up bring him home..let him sleep.....omg.

hes actually worse than he was and doing even smaller poops than ever and not eating. So i rang the vet and the nurse said hed eaten lots of dandelions..oh no very few pellets...and a piece of hay:shock::censored:

its now obvious he was NOT ready to be sent home..im so mad i could spit fire i swear:evil:

oh and he was kept opposite a very vocal upset cat she told me tonight....they have a small animal ward ffs......its easier to keep an eye on them.:shock: luckily merlin lives with..adores and is adored by our cats..any other bunny would have been stressed out or poss died.

ive given him zantac..metaclopramide and metacam...the nurse tried to tell me he was NOT in stasis.

i am not going to take him back..thats 2 vets now have failed him in two days:censored: i could take him to the other vets hospital..but i know taking him may kill him from stress:(

i will however ring this other vets as theyre the closest and maybe they can do a home visit...im terrified now it is that necrotic fatty tissue in his gut:(
Why on earth do the vets i recommend then go and do this!!

vibes please please....i wished id insisted on him staying now..but kinda glad...the nurse was not helpful..misleading in fact....

nom nom vibes....pain relief vibes too.

hope you get it sorted and he feels better soon

Oh no poor Merlin and poor you, I really hope you manage to find another vet that can actually do the right thing by the poor wee soul. :(

Do you think an x-ray would help, Debbie? I am happy to drive you if you want to take Merlin somewhere. Or happy to pop over later if you want any help as I am visiting a friend near to you. I could give Merlin some reiki. Would you like me to buy him some parsley or pineapple juice? I am going shopping later to get mine some more greens. When Molly stopped eating parsley was the only thing she would touch.

Back