• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny catching

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
OH's sister works at a primary school and says someone has been releasing domestic bunnies on the playing field. one in particular is a friendly little thing and plays round the cars

so they have rang the RSPCA who have said they cant do anything

so the only bunny person she knew was me...

so im in a school playground tomorow bunny catching

the school have said if im willing to help them and the children understand about rabbit keeping etc they would be more than happy to take them on a school bunnies..
which means ill be trying to make a 8x 5 hutch and 8x5 run for a select area of the field for the buns and they will be innoculated etc...

just got to catch them and house them now

eep! good luck! could you build a pen and put food in it? gradually get them used to being food there and then shut the pen on them!

ive been told the fudge one is really docile and approaches the children and takes apple from them... the B&W hangs round a hedge. the big one is known to chase the children and be a bit agressive

so may need to get a pen i have a few idea up my sleeve.
time will tell i suppose i need to catch them asap so theyre not at risk and the children are safe too, a few parents are talking about getting traps so i need to work fast :( how they think theyre going to trap a massive great agressive bunny i dont know:shock:

thankyou amanda hunny,
im just a lucky person to understand and have the time knolwedge and money to help out any animal that comes my way. things are getting hard but id rather sell my soul to the devil himself than allow any animal to suffer or be at risk.

their are to many who would rather turn away and play god and pick who lives and dies. i cant do that if an animal needs help it is down to human beings to help them.:)

There might be somebody in your local area who's willing to go along to give you a hand catching the buns. Post a thread with title along the lines of 'Urgent help wanted in .... area'.

thankyou ill try that now, i dont think their are many willing to stand in the pouring rain waiting for bunnies but ill try i may be surpirsed :D

thankyou amanda hunny,
im just a lucky person to understand and have the time knolwedge and money to help out any animal that comes my way. things are getting hard but id rather sell my soul to the devil himself than allow any animal to suffer or be at risk.

their are to many who would rather turn away and play god and pick who lives and dies. i cant do that if an animal needs help it is down to human beings to help them.:)

That is so lovely. Shame alot of people in the world are not like that. I only wish I was more aware when I was younger. But it is never to late. :) Plus I hope I am spreading the word amoung my family and friends.

Good Luck! It'd be lovely for the kids to have some school bunnies! :D Got no bunny catching tips, though- in fact, I could do with some. Takes me a good half an hour to an hour to catch my Gaga and take her back in! :roll:

Back