• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit jumped out of my arms

ANNASBUNNIES

Warren Scout
and landed on the grass about 3ft jump, can rabbits jump from this height without hurting themselves.

I have kept an eye on him and he seems fine. Let him hop about and seems fine. Do you think I should take him to the vets just to check?

He is eating and pooing fine.

xx

keep watching. if it wasn't the middle of the night i'd say get down to a vet, just for a prod about. rabbits hide their pain.

I would have thought he would be okay as grass is quite a soft landing. Rabbits can jump quite high from ground level and have to land from quite a height then. Keep an eye on him and make sure he keeps eating. :wave:

Mine have jumped off things from fairly high... I'd keep a close eye on him and if anything seems at all wrong in the morning then go straight to the vet personally I think

Thanks for the replies. He landed on all four paws. He is only 14 weeks old. I might take him 2 the vets tomorrow just to get him checked.

But in the mean time keep and eye on him. Will be going out to check on him soon before I go to bed like I do everynight.

Mine have jumped from three foot before. Nutmeg routinely jumps off the windowsill, which is about that, into her litter tray. As long as he didn't land awkwardly he should be fine but keep an eye on him.

I have just checked him and he seems fine. Will let him have a hop about again tomorrow and if I have any concerns will take him straight to the vets.

xx

Back