• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

lino help

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
We managed to get some lino off of freecycle, but now the only problem i have is how or what do i use to stick it to the floor?

:oops::oops::oops::oops:

I have found that it sticks better if you are able to paint the floor with one coat of paint to seal it, then used double sided carpet tape (from Wilkos etc) to put round the edges. I then use bathroom sealant in the very edges to stop wee from going underneath.

Alternative is to use battens of wood to hold it down around the edges - bit like skirting board.

We didn't actually "stick" ours down but were able to take our chicken coop style hutches apart, lifting the whole top off the bases we made ourselves, lay the lino then put the tops back on so no edges of the lino are accessable.

When we did our base for the indoor cage we did similar to Dustyrabbit and sandwiched it between a board for the base and battens round the edge. The only thing is for a big square area I think the middle might move around a bit. The lino in our bathroom has started to do that :roll:

Back