• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meet The New Foster Bun Josie!

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Meet the new foster bun Josie!

I've managed to squeeze another in! Josie was found as a stray. She's the most underweight bun I've ever seen. She's 1.3kg, and I guess she should be around 2kg. Amazingly, she's in great condition apart from the weight, and so friendly! :love:

Since I named the last two after comedians (Jimmy Carr and Stewart Lee) I've named her after Josie Long. :)

She's loving the long grass in the spare run!

Josie8b.jpg

Josie13b.jpg

Josie18b.jpg

Josie22b.jpg

Josie23b.jpg

Josie27b.jpg

Josie32b.jpg

Not great pics, but these really show how skinny she is :cry:

Josie43b.jpg

Josie44b.jpg

She's very beautiful. I love grey buns. Lets hope she is OK and gets back to a good weight soon.

Thanks everyone! :wave:

She really is lovely :love: Fingers crossed she's not pregnant! :shock: The vet nurse couldn't feel anything yesterday and she looks like she's been a stray for a while, so hopefully not!

She has a double level hutch indoors, but there's no sign she's been upstairs. I think she might be too weak for the ramp. :(

Josie had a few uneaten special poops last night, I guess I need to go easy on the veg! :oops: I think I'll try her on some porridge oats to help fatten her up.

Hopefully when she's gained some weight she can be spayed and rehomed with a husbun of her own! :love:

Shes lovely Helen :love::love:
Is she from Gwen

Yes she is. :) Gwen called me on Friday afternoon to ask if I could squeeze another in! She'd been found as a stray and taken to a vet who couldn't keep her. I collected her from the vet and brought her back here Friday evening. :)

That's why I like having emergency hutches lying around! :oops: :lol:

I haven't had time yet to do an update thread on foster buns Marshall and Sophie, they're still here too. :)

Aww shes beautiful, little white foot :love::love::love:

Crikey shes skinny though :shock::( I was going to suggest making her some porridge. I make my lot porridge occasionally at the start of winter to put some winter insulation on them. Mash abit of banana in it and they go mad for it!

Im so glad shes with you and will be spolied now :D

Josie is adorable. I would have to keep her. :oops:
:love::love::love:

Don't be giving me ideas! You're a bad influence BYB! :lol:

She is beautiful, and a little charmer too! She loves her strokes and head rubs, she's easy to pick up and always looks pleased to see me! Makes it all the more unbelievable that someone could dump her :(

Don't be giving me ideas! You're a bad influence BYB! :lol:

She is beautiful, and a little charmer too! She loves her strokes and head rubs, she's easy to pick up and always looks pleased to see me! Makes it all the more unbelievable that someone could dump her :(

It will never stop being shocked how people can dump rabbits. There must of been a time they really wanted and liked them. (Not sure if they were capable of loving them).

Have spent part of the day looking and showing mum peoples bunnies on RU. If she lived here permanently I am sure she would rescue one.

I saw a thread that someone needs temporary fosters. Going to see what the OH says. He is away until tomorrow. Have a feeling it will be a no. I worry I couldn't give them back.

Back