• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feel awful.....

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
My other half accidentally left the pen door open after fussing yuki and yuri was out and about

yuri climbed into the pen and yuki went up to her and they both collapsed near each other and cuddled 0_o

now I know its too early to bond them as yuri only got neutered on the 29th of june so after staring in disbelief for a while I separated them...

now i feel really bad ......... one for letting it happen and two for separating them

yuri is now laying down up against the bars of the cage and yuki is laying on the other side next to her >_<

i feel so bad but the six weeks arent up yet... >_<

Sorry, I don't know much about bonding. :oops::oops: Sunshine has been with his 3 different companions from the day he met them. His first 2 passed away. :( Old age and illness). I have been lucky and there was never any problem.

Why 6 weeks ?

Sorry, I don't know much about bonding. :oops::oops: Sunshine has been with his 3 different companions from the day he met them. His first 2 passed away. :( Old age and illness). I have been lucky and there was never any problem.

Why 6 weeks ?

I have been told to wait six weeks after a neuter till you try to bond the buns

didnt get in there quick enough to catch them on camera snuggling as they moved apart alittle when I got in but got this one

IMG01091-20110716-0044.jpg

>_< feel so bad..........

I have been told to wait six weeks after a neuter till you try to bond the buns

I know male bunnies can still produce active sperm after a neuter, but a female has her womb removed.

Cutie-pie stayed with Sunshine all the time after her spay. Although they were a bonded couple.

Is it because she could pull her stitches ?

Last edited:
I know male bunnies can still produce active sperm after a neuter, but a female has her womb removed.

Cutie-pie stayed with Sunshine all the time after her neuter.

Is it because she could pull her stitches ?

I believe its something to do with the hormones as her stitches are near enough healed now

If both rabbits are neutered you can go ahead and bond your rabbits after a couple of weeks following neutering, however if either behave in a hormonal way please abandon and wait a few more weeks.

If she is not neutered and he has recently been done it is important to wait 4 - 6 weeks to ensure that he is still not fertile and able to impregnate your female.

To be honest if they've bonded themselves I would let them be, but just keep a very close eye on them. Any mounting or aggression then seperate and wait the full 6 weeks, but otherwise go for it! Good luck!

If the hormones aren't getting in the way then there's no reason why two neutered buns can't be bonded. It's recommended to wait 6 weeks so hormone levels drop, as they're more likely to bond then, but in this case it seems like the hormones aren't causing any trouble.

If both rabbits are neutered you can go ahead and bond your rabbits after a couple of weeks following neutering, however if either behave in a hormonal way please abandon and wait a few more weeks.

If she is not neutered and he has recently been done it is important to wait 4 - 6 weeks to ensure that he is still not fertile and able to impregnate your female.

both are female

thanks guys I will put them in the pen together and give it a try but if theres any hormonal-ness lol I will separate and wait the six weeks

it looks like they want to be together and there are no problems. i think i would go ahead with bonding aswell. good luck. :D

Back