• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

yahoo answers....

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
is so depressing sometimes :(

What is it with people asking advice and then criticising what people say when it's not what they want to hear and selecting the "best answer" as whichever makes life easier for them.

I recently replied to "how many rabbits fit in a 24 square foot cage?" citing the RSPCA minimum requirement of 48sq ft and the RWA minimum suggestion of 44 square foot.
The person then said "do you know what a square foot is?i just went to rabbit.org and it said for two rabbits an 8 square foot cage with 24 square foot play area.are you a troll or just plain stupid."

Things like this make me despair. I suppose sites that are supposed to be giving accurate information talking absolute rubbish doesn't help :(

is so depressing sometimes :(

What is it with people asking advice and then criticising what people say when it's not what they want to hear and selecting the "best answer" as whichever makes life easier for them.

I recently replied to "how many rabbits fit in a 24 square foot cage?" citing the RSPCA minimum requirement of 48sq ft and the RWA minimum suggestion of 44 square foot.
The person then said "do you know what a square foot is?i just went to rabbit.org and it said for two rabbits an 8 square foot cage with 24 square foot play area.are you a troll or just plain stupid."

Things like this make me despair. I suppose sites that are supposed to be giving accurate information talking absolute rubbish doesn't help :(

Happens everywhere.

I have come to realise that giving advice is all I can do, if the person asking the question ignores it then that is their prerogative.

In 'Health' on here sometimes the only useful advice is 'Vets now' But too often what follows is some convoluted post about why this cant happen..................

*Tries to rein myself in from going off on one...................*

In 'Health' on here sometimes the only useful advice is 'Vets now' But too often what follows is some convoluted post about why this cant happen..................

*Tries to rein myself in from going off on one...................*
True. I've seen that so many times :(

I just don't understand how someone can seem to want to do the right thing by their pet (to research before getting one you must at least have good intentions, to join a forum and ask for help you must care about the pet), but not if it involves any real effort, sacrifice, or expense on their part. :(

I feel the same.
Ive kept rabbits nearly all my life and although I dont know everything, I know enough to give advice alot of the time.

I've given advice on all sorts of animals on yahoo answers and often get 'thumbs down' from people, no idea why when I am giving proper info.
I guess like you say people only want the advice they want to hear not anything else.

I battle on YA every day too (what's your username on there?). If you need a common sense back up answer on any dumb Q's PM me!

I'm #7 on the "other pets" top answerer list, purely because I battle on with it for the last few years! (#1 in fish :oops:)

I battle on YA every day too (what's your username on there?). If you need a common sense back up answer on any dumb Q's PM me!

I'm #7 on the "other pets" top answerer list, purely because I battle on with it for the last few years! (#1 in fish :oops:)

battlekat, I've seen you post lots of very good answers and voted for lots of them :)

Back