• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My Bunny Garden

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from the clover thread, I have started cutting it with scissors and drying it ready to use in the winter. I also have a good bit of food down the side f the house which I am using to give them greens and also some bits to dry for winter.

So, here is the grass and clover so far,

Clover.JPG

Raspberry leaves

Rasp.JPG

The strip of garden

Garden1.JPG

Some salad leaves and carrots

Carrot.JPG

And some lavender, pansies and strawbs in pots

Lavaceer.JPG

We have dug up the same amount of garden again up the other end. There was a tree there that was stopping light from getting up to the end of the strip but now it is away I can plant away!

:thumb:Looking good there. We have parsley, rocket and strawberry leaves, which Lord Spenser has graciously condescended to eat. :shock::D

Looks fab:D Is it easy to dry the clover?

Yes! I have done some by laying ut on top of megazorb bags on the run. The rest has been done in the oven on low until it is dry. I think the sun way is better for retaining nutrients but whichever way it will give me something tasty to feed them in winter. I am going to staple the bags shut and hang them in the loft.

It feels great to think I might actually be able to give them something tasty and homemade this winter.

Great idea!! I tried to dry out a load of grass earlier in the year, I thought it was doing pretty well, then it all blew away!!!! Does it work? and how long does it take? IT'd be great to dry stuff from the garden because that's what the buns live off now and they love it!!!

Back