• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Miley is being kept at the vets overnight :( U/D: Mileys Home! Post Spey Pics added!!

MillyLop

Warren Scout
Miley was taken to the vets at 8.20 this morning for her spay. I was told to phone the vets between 2 and 3 to see how she got on.. so i phoned at 1 (i'm very impatient :lol:) and they said everything was fine, op went well and asked me to call again in a couple of hours. when i called again they said that she's coming out of the GA well, but she's not really eating (even syring feeding her is apparently a challenge :() and her temp was a little low :( they said to call again at 5.30 which i did and they said that they would like to keep her in overnight :shock::( i know that she is in the best place possible.. and it is common for buns to have no appetite after an op, but i'm so so scared :cry: we just popped up to see her and i insisted that we left her fav nuggets and some special hay which she loves instead of their standard stuff, she looked really sad :( but as soon as i started to give her that special stroke behind the ears she started clicking her teeth :) she looks really woozy, had a tear from her eye which i was assured was some leftover eye drops. she was moving around a bit rearranging her cage, but i don't know she just didn't seem herself :( i feel awful putting her through this :cry: the vet assured that she should be back to her normal self tomorrow, so i'm going to call at 9am on the dot to find out how she is... very nervous :(:oops:

Last edited:
Hope she is okay:D They have kept Poppy in as well, she was speyed today:cry: So I can say I know just how you feel :cry: Lets hope the vets give us both good news in the morning:wave:

thanks for the :love: little-laura :D

Helen01 i'm sorry they've kept in Poppy overnight too :( let's hope it's quite a routine thing to happen :) i've got my fingers tightly crossed for both Miley and Poppy tonight, hope we both get good news tomorrow! :love::love:

My youngest is beside himself:( We havent had her long but I cannot believe how she has become such a part of the family:love:

Lets hope tomorrow morning brings happier, healthier bunnies:love:

My youngest is beside himself:( We havent had her long but I cannot believe how she has become such a part of the family:love:

Lets hope tomorrow morning brings happier, healthier bunnies:love:

aww bless him :( i know it's amazing how completely empty the house can feel when they're not around :( i can't wait to get her home again, just hope she's back to her normal self tomorrow!! don't think i'll be getting much sleep tonight :oops:

I'm sure she will be OK, she is in the best hands! Try not to worry.

My girls were also kept overnight at the vets, and they were fully munching and better by the time I picked them up the next day!

thanks everyone for the vibes and reassurance :love:

I phoned the vets this morning and they said she was fine, had been eating, pooping and weeing and said we could pick her up anytime!!! :D:D we dashed up there and brought her home :)

we've had her home for a while and she hasn't eaten or drank anything yet :( but i'm sure she will with time. she's very nervous and quiet. just sitting on her blankets still as anything :( i hope you don't all think i'm stupid but we didn't get any pain killers to take home :oops::oops: i asked if we could and they said if we notice her weezing or see any symptoms of pain at all just bring her in as they're open 24 hours for emercencys and they will give her an injection which is apparently much better for her, so if she doesn't seem herself we will do exactly this!

is there anything you think we should look out for in particular??

U/D - she's very very sleepy at the moment, curled up on her blankets with her eyes closed which keeps scaring me as she never really sleeps with her eyes shut, she still hasn't eaten anything either, had a bit to drink and done a few poops though, but just not interested in her food... should I be worried?? :(

it's only been about 2 hours i suppose... just wondered if this is normal behaviour after a spay?

Mine were very sleepy for first day after the op. They also didn't eat much - but they were soon back to normal after the first day. As long as she is eating and drinking something, I wouldn't worry too much.

U/D - she's very very sleepy at the moment, curled up on her blankets with her eyes closed which keeps scaring me as she never really sleeps with her eyes shut, she still hasn't eaten anything either, had a bit to drink and done a few poops though, but just not interested in her food... should I be worried?? :(

it's only been about 2 hours i suppose... just wondered if this is normal behaviour after a spay?

Don't worry, Honey was just the same, it took quite a long time for her to start eating anything significant, when we first brought her home I'd say she didn't eat for at least 5 or 6 hours. She'll still be traumatised after her trip to the vets and her big ordeal. Just make sure you've got all her fave foods to try and tempt her to eat :) I think the first thing Honey started to eat was hay though! It took days before she ate pellets. Dandelions were quite popular too I seem to remember... Sending lots of recovery vibes xx

Thanks for the reassurance :) have a bit of good news..

Mileys eating!!!!! :D:D:D:D took some pictures thought you may like to see.. (again sorry they're huuuuuge! :oops:)

this is Miley a couple of hours ago, VERY woozy too tired to really move!
IMG_0699.jpg

This is Miley eating and looking a bit perkier just now.... :D
IMG_0701.jpg

nomnomnom... :D
IMG_0703.jpg

IMG_0709.jpg

she had enough and just flopped in her hay :lol: so cute! :)
IMG_0710.jpg

her eyes can still barely stay open she's so woozy bless her, but i'm so relieved she's eaten!! :D we've got her shut in her cage which is usually just her base for eating and drinking and going to the toilet while she free ranges our living room, she seems to really like it in there and isn't bothered about coming out at the moment, she's having a good rest, hopefully she'll continue to eat and become her normal active self in a few days :D feel so much happier now :D

Aww all completely normal!!! Matilda didnt move for 3 days and didnt eat for 2 days!!! she just layed in the same place! x

Back