• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Concerns About Rabbits on Freeads

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Please can people only PM me re Freeads where there is a real welfare issue.

Just seeing an ad' saying ' Rabbits free to good homes, some with cages' is really not anything out of the ordinary.....sadly :cry:

If you trawl through the thousands of Freeads you will come to realise this :cry:

I am more than happy to continue receiving PMs about Freead concerns, but I cannot stop people just placing an ad to give away Rabbits !! All I can do is mail them a link to Rabbit Rehome and suggest they may like to list their Rabbit(s) details on there.

Also, if you do make contact with a seller and give them a hard time I cannot then contact them to do the same, that would be harassment. I HATE the fact that Rabbits are treated like a commodity, often with little regard as to where they will end up :cry: But as I have said, placing a load of Rabbits on Freeads is not illegal .............yet.

Finally (sorry :oops:) if you do decide to collect a Freead Rabbit but you know that you cannot keep them PLEASE dont assume that a Rescue can definitely take them on. If you are hoping for this then please liase with the Rescue BEFORE you collect the Rabbit.

Thanks for reading this xx

Just to help people in the future as to which buns to contact you about. Would you like people to contact you about special needs or sick bunnies is blind or elderly or sick buns. I've seen blind bunnies in the past. Hope this makes sense.

And if you take free ad buns in, make sure you can quarantine from your own buns.

And that there is no chance buns could be pregnant, unless you can deal with all the neuters/space issues of the litter.

Just to help people in the future as to which buns to contact you about. Would you like people to contact you about special needs or sick bunnies is blind or elderly or sick buns. I've seen blind bunnies in the past. Hope this makes sense.

Yes, that is fine :)

And if you take free ad buns in, make sure you can quarantine from your own buns.

And that there is no chance buns could be pregnant, unless you can deal with all the neuters/space issues of the litter.

:thumb:

TBH most of the ads sent to me were the same as a million other ads on there :( And so many people thought I could just magic up rescue places for them. I only ever contacted rescues in really extreme circumstances as they all themselves have huge waiting lists and it would not be fair to expect rabbits on those to make way for free ad bunnies.

Thanks for taking over jane and good luck with it. I tried to find someone to take over a long time ago to give me a break. In the 3 years I did it I ended up with 3 free ad buns coming to us so be warned...... ;) :lol:

Back