• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which vhd vacc

fiona0529

Alpha Buck
Sorry i know this has been done before but i cant find what i'm looking for through the search function. What is the name of the 'good' vacc and what are the side effects for the not so good one. First vet appt tonight and have loads of questions!

The main side effects of Cylap tend to be lethargy, a leg limp and/or skin reaction. Mine never got the second two but were always a bit lethargic after their VHD. Now they have the Anivac one and I certainly notice the difference.

Jimby had Cylap the first time we vaccinated him- before we found this forum!! And he became very ill afterwards, he was very lethargic and then stopped eating and went in to statis, he had to be hospitalised for 3 days! :cry: I thought we were going to loose him and we had only had him a few weeks! :cry:
We now always have Lapinject. We would use Anivac but our vets dont use this one yet.

Back