• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Possible Myxi ? What do you think ? - update

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Friend just called and said that her aunties rabbit is really ill and what should they do ? I asked to describe the symptoms and she said he has red swollen eyes and can hardly open them , he also has not eaten !
Immediatley thought the rabbit has myxomatosis ! I said to call a vet right away !
Have I given the right information ?

Last edited:
Sadly, it sounds like it could be :( I hope they can get him see by a vet quickly. Sending lots of vibes for the bun xx

It does sound like myxi but whether it is or not, the bun is clearly ill enough to need a vet, so you gave the right advice :) Hope bun is ok x

oh gosh i hope it isn't myxi :( Hope it's just an infection that can easily be cleared up. Poor bun :( You gave the right advice because the rabbit needs to see a vet no matter what with the symptoms it has. xx

Haven't heard anything this mornin, she isn't replying to my texts ! Will sea to her at school, and let you know how these bun is this evening.

Back