• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at home insurance...

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Probably been done to the death, but what is the general opinion? Been quoted £6.56 a month for life time cover (Jack) He has no known health issues and has only been to the vets for vaccs, neutering and a small infection in his bits. I need to get a quote for Giz, who has previously been admitted to the vets with stasis.

Whats better? Life time cover or regular? I'm confused! Is it even worth insuring them at all?

you want a covered for life policy which i think means you can claim for a condition over many policy periods and the max allowence resets each year. rather than either running out of cash or the policy year ending....

id be amazed if you was lucky enough to find an insurance policy that covers the burring of rabbits teeth.

I'm concerned they will put the monthly payments up. If they did, would I be entitled to cancel the policy? I sound so dumb.. I've never had my rabbits insured before!

Yes you can cancel but they get you with a cancellation fee if out of the first 14 days (first 14days you can cancel free of charge)

you can cancel anytime :D all it means is the cover just stops... most policies go up each year whether you claim or not. Alvins started at about 8 quid a month when he was a baby and now 4 years later its 12 quid a month

pet plan didnt charge me a cancellation fee when i cancelled pearls insurance, i think i got a refund on the unused days too :wave: must just be pets at home that charge a fee, i didnt realise that when i posted earlier :oops:

Don't even consider the yearly policy.

The "for life" policy is good but not quite as good as Pet Plan. P@H has limited coverage for dental work. PP don't cover routine dentals but should cover other stuff.

Personally if you can afford PP I would go with PP. If not go with P@H for life.

Back