• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Home coming

TriL1

Warren Scout
When a bonded pair of rabbits come home what should you do the hutch, should you clean the entire hutch with disinfectant or white vinegar?? do you do all walls and toys too and do you water the vinegar down or put it on straight if thats what you use? If anyone could let me know everything I should that be great.xx Just want to prepare myself for future.x:D

Do absolutely everything. All hutch/bowls/toys/bottles etc etc any toys that aren't disinfectable, chuck and replace.

white vinegar is available as a household spray in wilko's or you can use dilute bleach.

that's great thank you, i'll go to wilkos then.xx Sounding thick but disinfecting the inside of bottle will I just put some in the bottle and give it a swirl round then empty?x

I just disinfect the outside of bottles, personally. This can be done with something like liquid fairy :)

I use dilute bleach, pour on the floor, and use a stiff bristled broom and brush it into the concrete, around it, so it is scrubbed clean.

Then leave to dry and air out.

thats great thanks very much. Should i clean the floor with dilute bleach every now and then anyway? as have only been doing the hutch?

Back