• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you cover your bunnies....

Only if the temperatures are dropping at nighttime. On the stuffy and hot nights I don't.

I have two different ways of covering them (thinking of the enclosure) so vary depending on why I'm covering them.

I worry about foxes and other predators in the garden......
The thing is,if I leave the outdoor light on,I cant sleep.

i do as we have foxes and i over worry. if its really hot i have a wooden board of lean across the hutch instead.

Ah, ok. I'm very lucky that I don't currently have to worry about predators like foxes or anything really at all, in that respect.

I have put a tarpaulin half way over both of their runs as we were getting so much heavy rain. They seem to like it when its hot as well as they each shelter under it (although both runs are in the shade). I am leaving it in place all the time now as it seems a popular addition:D

i lock them up in the shed overnight so no need, but befoe i got the shed i covered just the upstairs bit of the hutch.

I close the blinds on the aviary, and use lightweight covers over the fronts of their gardens, leaving gaps for air circulation. We have foxes round this way, so I prefer to cover. They have plenty of ventilation, tho.

I ave glass clear tarpaulin which I pull over the run if its likely to rain or at night - they still have air, and can see out but are sheltered from both wind and rain - I also have tarpaulin over the hutch which I pull down too x

I always cover my buns..they're indoor but they have blankets over on a night so they don't get cold...:oops:

They have a few more gaps for summer though!

I did before they were in sheds and kennels, but now they are closed in in those at night so I dont need to worry about tarpaulins in summer.

Depends on the weather. Spenser's cover is in two halves, so I can hedge my bets if in doubt. Only diuring a very settled dry spell like we're having at the moment do I leave his cover up.

Mine are in a kennel and run, I have a double layer of mesh, I also have a layer of insect mesh to keep flys out. I might use some kind of tarp when winter comes, they have a little hut inside their kennel too

I have a clear tarpaulin which I put over the top of the run part of the hutch/run combos. I always put it on at night just in case it rains. In the summer it only goes over the top so they can still see out and have plenty of fresh air.

Back