• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Day 3 of bonding, just a few Q's...

Well i think things are going ok, there has been no chasing today, and they seem more interested in each other (as opposed to y/day, where they interacted, but also had long periods of time at at opposite ends of the pen).

They have mutually groomed each other from day 1. And today seem 'friends', although still a bit cautious of each other, and i must add still spending a bit of time apart. i have yet so see them sleep by each other

I have a couple of questions, Rich and i have both slept in the kitchen with them for the last 2 nights, everything has been fine. When would we be ok to 'trust' them on their own at bedtime?.

And Rich has made a huge 3 tier mansion under our stairs for them to live in, when could we introduce them to their new home?.

Im so worried about doing something wrong and them having a fight:cry:

I found that I stayed with the buns 24 hrs a day 7 days in the week!!
Then moved them into a neutral home, where they continue to live happy together.Its only if BB goes into the garden run,Mrs goes beserk!! Its HER garden, the one she shares with Roland!!Get BB out, she yells!!

My two recently bonded bunnies first few weeks went like this.

For approx 4 days. Both shared neutral territory in my kitchen. Two lots of everything. Bowls, litter trays etc.

Then for 3 days shared kitchen and conservatory. Two lots of everything again.

Next 3 days shared conservatory. Two lots..............

Then the great outdoors.........conservatory,decking area and garden. Estelle was not eager to share the garden only the decking area.

The above went on for approx 3 days and she eventually allowed Frankie to venture down the garden.

This was all in mid- March. They are getting closer by the day. A slow and steady bond.

It was not love at first sight with Frankie. Whereas Estelle did fall in love immediately with her previous partner...........Ambrose. RIP. xx
I hope this is of use for you. I didn't sleep downstairs with them during any of this.

Best of luck.

I found that I stayed with the buns 24 hrs a day 7 days in the week!!
Then moved them into a neutral home, where they continue to live happy together.Its only if BB goes into the garden run,Mrs goes beserk!! Its HER garden, the one she shares with Roland!!Get BB out, she yells!!

:wave: Ahh yes, i know what you mean, the lounge is where i am worried about (this was where Tilly had her home). We are going to sterilise as much as we can before we let them run free.

My two recently bonded bunnies first few weeks went like this.

For approx 4 days. Both shared neutral territory in my kitchen. Two lots of everything. Bowls, litter trays etc.

Then for 3 days shared kitchen and conservatory. Two lots of everything again.

Next 3 days shared conservatory. Two lots..............

Then the great outdoors.........conservatory,decking area and garden. Estelle was not eager to share the garden only the decking area.

The above went on for approx 3 days and she eventually allowed Frankie to venture down the garden.

This was all in mid- March. They are getting closer by the day. A slow and steady bond.

It was not love at first sight with Frankie. Whereas Estelle did fall in love immediately with her previous partner...........Ambrose. RIP. xx
I hope this is of use for you. I didn't sleep downstairs with them during any of this.

Best of luck.

Hiya hun, I will try to leave them over night (although knowing me..:oops:).
Im just so worried about the 'timing' of when i let them move into their new home.

When Frankie was introduced into the conservatory, I messed everything up. Estelle had been used to having it all in a certain way. She was totally confused and wasn't able to assert herself in any way.

Cushions, teddies, toys all in different places.

After a couple of weeks, I slowly started putting things back in their old places. They both were fine with me doing that.

Best of luck. x

Back