• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can two boy bunnies ever get on?

karen1980

Mama Doe
I know it isnt ideal but I collect milo on sat but have found a 11week old giant free to a good home that im worried about but I dont think I can do anything about it :roll:

Any suggestions?

I have two neutered boy bunnies who are bonded. I didnt bond them though, I asked a rescue to bond them for me, but they are happy as larry. I am sure someone with more experience could tell you more. I think some people say it is a much harder bond to do and some people say it isnt. :wave:

Age doesn't make a difference, just personality. I have two brothers bonded as a pair. Had two non brothers together unneutered (EEK) for 8 years until one died. Have two brothers in a trio with their sister.

Can be done if the personalities are right.

I have to neutered bucks together :D
And I have a friend that has 2 entire, un-related bucks living together (they will be neutered when her vet gets back)
As Sky-o said it is all about matching their personalities :wave:

I also have 2 neutered boys together Buttons & Petter, they are not related and are different ages Buttons is only 1 and Peter is 4. Bonded them myself, they get on eally well so it can be done :D

You're so lucky, I had 2 boys and they hated each other. We had to keep them seperated which wasn't ideal at all. We didn't have much of a choice as we rescued them from my step-son's and couldn't just get rid of one of them. In the end they had to take it in turns to be out in the run. 1 of them was out in the day and 1 at night, it seemed to work thankfully. If they ever managed to get near each other though there would be tufts of fur flying about, poor Nettle had a raggy ear from where Dock chewed it through the fence!! :shock: The other thing was they seemed to have weeing competitions, they would do kung fu wees up the walls in the garage (where they lived), up the hutches, up your leg!!! lol. When Nettle disappeared Dock stopped weeing all over the place.

Good luck!!!

My rabbits Timmy and Pickle are boys. I got them when they were 8 weeks old, they are pet shop bunnies so not related. They are 2 years old now and they have never had any problems, they love each other :love::love:

I think their personalities are well suited as one is dominant and bossy, the other shyer, more timid.

Back