• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The fosters' speys

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
My two fosters have been in for their speys this morning. I've been sitting here biting my nails, but the vet just called to confirm they are awake now and the ops went well.

Sadly, it seems that my old girl Jojo did have evidence of possible cancer in her uterous, so we are hoping to send samples for testing to see if this is the case.

The vet had an odd issue with Bella. He thinks she must have eaten something just before being anaesthetised, as he found her mouth was full of half-chewed food. He had to of course then get all the food out of her mouth before he could intubate her. He is confident he got it but now we have to keep a really close eye on her to make sure she did not respirate any of it, which could cause infection :(. Poor vet said he had never ever had this in a rabbit.

I am looking forward to picking them up later this afternoon.

No point to this thread, really, just me being relieved that they got through their ops :)

My two fosters have been in for their speys this morning. I've been sitting here biting my nails, but the vet just called to confirm they are awake now and the ops went well.

Sadly, it seems that my old girl Jojo did have evidence of possible cancer in her uterous, so we are hoping to send samples for testing to see if this is the case.

The vet had an odd issue with Bella. He thinks she must have eaten something just before being anaesthetised, as he found her mouth was full of half-chewed food. He had to of course then get all the food out of her mouth before he could intubate her. He is confident he got it but now we have to keep a really close eye on her to make sure she did not respirate any of it, which could cause infection :(. Poor vet said he had never ever had this in a rabbit.

I am looking forward to picking them up later this afternoon.

No point to this thread, really, just me being relieved that they got through their ops :)

course thers a point lol....u are letting us all know they are ok:love::love:

Back