• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The foster hutch and my DIY efforts!

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
I have had the idea of starting to try and make my own rabbit toys in an attempt to learn more about working with wood. I would love to make them a big run at somepoint then go onto make a hutch!! I have started small though and decided to take away their ramp and replace it with a box they could sit in that would also serve as a step.

They are very young and have far too much energy so I made a few changes which they love. They now jump and hop all over the hutch, the same way they do in their run!!

This is the step they now have to get up to the door.

FosterHutch1.JPG

Snuggled on the cat tree, their new favourite place to sit.

Fosterhutch4.JPG

The box itself, I think I have some way to go before making a hutch!!

NewBox.JPG

So, it cost me £4.50 total!! Plus the jig saw but I had it already!

Great stuff! I love making things, but I'm not very good at the planning bit, so my OH has to help with that bit and the measuring and stuff :lol:. I do enjoy making things and seeing them come together though.

Great stuff! I love making things, but I'm not very good at the planning bit, so my OH has to help with that bit and the measuring and stuff :lol:. I do enjoy making things and seeing them come together though.

It is fab when you see them play with something you have made them. When I brought them in last night, OH and I sat watching them explore and hop around for half an hour. They were so funny!!

Back