• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We've created a monster!!

rolo

Alpha Buck
The other week some of you might remember I posted about a woman seeing my bun out in the garden. He's a harlequin and a passer-by thought it was a rabbit crossed with a cat. Yes....still makes me giggle!

Well, my little boy decided it would be fun to try and teach Rolo to meiow. (I know...what goes through a 10 year old boys mind??) Well he's spent HOURS laid infront of Rolo meiowing to him, giving him a pellet every now and then to keep his attention. Rolo has LOVED this and last night Josh spent abit doing it again, then sat back up to watch TV. Rolo watched him abit, hopped over and nudged him, as if to say "OI...wheres my pellet?" Josh ignored him, (Horrid Henry was more important)) So Rolo screamed at him. And I mean a proper screech!!!

He did one a few weeks ago at the dog. :shock::shock: I rushed in and scooped up Rolo to see if he was ok and he seemed fine. Put him back down and he went back over to Josh and did it again!!!!! Josh handed him a pellet and he munched it, then screeched again!!! What have we done?????:shock:

He did it 3 times. And then he did a couple of times this morning. He just hops over to Josh, noses him, then screams till he gets a pellet. My God!!!!

And some people think buns are daft!!!

Rach x

Its the weirdest, strangest, oddest, freakiest thing I have ever heard!

He is quite a "vocal" rabbit. He honks and grunts and growls all the time. I picked him up last night to put him to bed and he made a funny, growly woop, woop woop sound.

Before Rolo moved in, I thought buns were pretty silent! He makes as much racket as the kids!

Rach x

I managed to sort of get the sound on my phone last night. It sounds abit like a squeaky door opening. I will try to get it on here, but posting pics etc has somewhat eluded me!!!! Even with kind instructions from RU peeps.

Ive just offered Rolo a nugget, just out of his reach and hes just sat glaring at me. Him and Josh have a very close bond so wonder if he will only do it when Josh is with him. So, am going to lay next to him and mieow. I cant believe Im doing this!!!!!!!!

Rach x

Back