• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be vigilant, some sick people around!!!!

:shock::shock::shock:

This is something I've worried about since building the new shed. I can't believe it's happened so close to home. :( All those poor animals :cry:

This one is VERY close to me:

In another incident, four parakeets and three cockatiels died when arsonists started a fire in their aviary on The Burn, off Chapelfields Road, Acomb.

My garden is enclosed and can't be seen from the road. I hope they don't find me. :cry:

Fingers crossed CH, you just can't believe some people can you? If it's not seen from the road I would think they're unlikely to go into your garden. Do you have neighbourhood watch in your area? We have a fence now right round the garden, one of ours went missing while they were outside (they normally stayed in the garage but it was a really hot night) in the run. It's still a mystery what happened to him but it's always in the back of my mind someone took him as the house next door was empty at the time and lots of people had been viewing it so would've seen the bunnies outside.

Thinking about it I was on the no.1 bus the other day upstairs and looking down into people's gardens in that area and pointed out to DH someone had a really cool set-up in their garden where the bunnies lived, but that it worried me people could easily see it from on the bus. You know what kids can be like. They just don't think of the consequences. :?

Last edited:
Fingers crossed CH, you just can't believe some people can you? If it's not seen from the road I would think they're unlikely to go into your garden. Do you have neighbourhood watch in your area? We have a fence now right round the garden, one of ours went missing while they were outside (they normally stayed in the garage but it was a really hot night) in the run. It's still a mystery what happened to him but it's always in the back of my mind someone took him as the house next door was empty at the time and lots of people had been viewing it so would've seen the bunnies outside.

Thinking about it I was on the no.1 bus the other day upstairs and looking down into people's gardens in that area and pointed out to DH someone had a really cool set-up in their garden where the bunnies lived, but that it worried me people could easily see it from on the bus. You know what kids can be like. They just don't think of the consequences. :?

:shock: I'm on the no.1 bus route! I'm 99% sure my garden can't be seen from the bus though... Feel like getting on the bus just to check now!

My neighbours breed rabbits (I know :roll:) and their hutches can be seen from the road. :( I think they have CCTV though, as they've had trouble from kids trespassing and vandalising their garden in the past. If I see them I'll let them know they need to be extra careful now.

Back