• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur Paste help

mnemonic50

Young Bun
Ive been syringe feeding my rabbit this week "see Poorly Rabbit in Health Forum" and had a terrible time doing it, he also started biting.

He is due worming and i have some panacur paste to give to both my rabbits.

Could anyone offer tips on how best to do this please?

Thanks in advance.

I give it to my rabbits on their greens or dandelion leaves. I find if you fold the leaf up around the paste they don't seem to notice it!

im doing mine now at the mo! and i put it on their paws and they hate it being sticky ( i put baytril on their too) but they sit there for ages licking it off hehe

I use a basil leaf and wrap it around the paste, basil is nice and stinky so they don't notice!

Put him on the floor and lean over him. Put the end of the syringe in the side of his mouth where there are no teeth and squeeze.

I used to get a small blanket or towel and wrap Dock up in it so he couldn't move. Sit him on a table tucked under my arm. Give him a cuddle and strokes till he was all happy and calm and then squirt it in the side of his mouth, just where there's the gap in his teeth. It was hard work and took me a while. He was on 1.5 and it seemed to take forever to go down!! Sometimes some would end up on the table but mostly he swallowed it and fully recovered from head tilt!!! I was so proud of nursing him back to health - lol. I had to give him it twice a day for a month!! :shock: But worth it. :bunny:

Back