• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And now Elijah was in stasis.. eating and poohing.

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
.. that's 4 rabbits in 4 weeks (though Artie's was a bit different).

As my main vet isn't on emergency cover tonight I took him to local vets, I found him hunched and refusing food when I got home :cry::cry:

He felt 'not like a normal stasis case' ie there was more gas not just an empty stomach/gut. He was soo, so quiet I got really worried, I honestly convinced myself he had a full blockage.

She x-rayed him and the gas showed up but there was nothing particular to see blockage-wise. I talked about blood glucose testing which she was happy to do and he was 15.2 which tied up with his symptoms but reassured me that he wasn't in grave danger. After 1.5 hours (they were thorough) of medicating him and syringing fluids they showed me how to blood glocuse test him in case I had the courage to try and it was about 13 that time, he was also looking brighter, so fingers crossed no blockage, just hunger strike to deal with. He's had the opiate-based painkiller - Bupra... something or other so may be a bit spaced out.

Hopefully I can get him to eat now but I think it could be a long night and involve another early dash back to vets again.:(

Last edited:
Good grief, that's a lot to be dealing with :shock:

Lots of vibes for Elijah, I really hope he recovers very quickly and it doesn't become too serious xx

Thanks guys.

He doesn't want to eat but he doesn't look in pain anymore, he looks a little spacy which I'm guessing is the painkiller but he seems okay now.

I keep pestering him with grass, dandelions etc but he throws them away. I'm guessing he isn't ready to eat until whatever shifts?

he has done a run round a little and I heard his stomach gurgle so I don't think he's in danger. I want to make sure he's hydrated if he isn't eating.

I'm so darn tired as I didn't sleep much last night for worrying about Artie :cry::cry:

Oh no, it never rains......

How is he this morning Alison? And any news on Artie?

Sorry I haven't been able to update before.

Elijah was showing interest in food but not eating it by about 1am and then he was eating quite well at 3am. I had intended to start work at 8am (earliest I could start to get my hours in before collecting Artie but I was struggling to wake up so hence no time for updating.

He had eaten and pooed well but has looked a bit stressed this afternoon with drilling/sawing noises coming from the builders next door, I don't know if that could have caused his upset yesterday, I do know he's a stressor. Erin is coping fine. Binky and Shadow are right next to the driveway where a lot of the noise is happening, *touch wood* they are coping. It could just be a secondary stress of cause, don't suppose I'll know. Anyhows, he's doing so well with the input and output that I've cancelled this afternoon's follow up and shall give him some domperidone if needs be.

Thanks all for vibes etc.

I'm glad to hear he's a bit brighter :love: and hopefully the pesky builders will be gone soon. ;)

I'm glad to hear he's a bit brighter :love: and hopefully the pesky builders will be gone soon. ;)

Fank you.

I'm more than a little annoyed with the building situation :evil: It's new people moving in so I don't know them yet but the seem to be having the house gutted - some warning would be nice, it's a small cul-de-sac so causes a lot of disruption.

They arrived before 8am (thought weren't making any noise until 8.10am) They are still here. I'm guessing by the fact that they all have regional accents not local to here that they will work all hours to get the job done (probably including weekends). I couldn't park on my own driveway when I came home with Artie as a huge white van was parked on/across my driveway :roll: I'm not really blaming the builders for doing their job I just would have liked some warning. I also work from home part of the time as an audio typist which isn't compatable with all this noise, not that anyone could second guess that, but it could have a huge impact. I definitely would have moved Binky and Shadow if I had known of all this disruption they are backing onto the fence the other side if which is a big circular saw which is making loud squealing noises whilst cutting. It's ear splitting, poor bunnies. I think I'll have to move them at the weekend.

Sounds poo. :( It wouldn't have taken much to give you a little warning; they have a right to make some improvements but it's not good to start off on the wrong foot with your new neighbours. :?

The house next door to us has been sold and they have planning permission for an extension - I hope the new neighbours don't want to start building as soon as they move in. :shock: Alfie and Bubbles probably wouldn't be fussed though. :lol:

Sounds poo. :( It wouldn't have taken much to give you a little warning; they have a right to make some improvements but it's not good to start off on the wrong foot with your new neighbours. :?

The house next door to us has been sold and they have planning permission for an extension - I hope the new neighbours don't want to start building as soon as they move in. :shock: Alfie and Bubbles probably wouldn't be fussed though. :lol:

I find it quite daunting getting newbies next door. Good job A&B are chilled.

Back