• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

feelings of guilt

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
since i lost my Barnes i've had feelings of guilt, not because i made the decision for him to go to rainbow bridge, but because i sometimes find myself not worrying about him.

even when he was fit and healthy, i would worry about him when he was left, when i went to work or the shops.

i used to worry constantly, is he ok? is he eating? is he being binky safe?

now he's gone i have no bunny to worry about and i feel bad for not worrying.

is this normal? does anyone else have experience of this?

em

Guilt is common when it comes to grief, because it is part of the grieving process. So it is expected you would feel guilt, but that doesn't mean you have a reason to feel guilty.

Maybe when he was alive something inside you told you you needed to worry about him; some sort of instinct. Maybe there was something longer and ongoing that your subconscious tapped into.

Maybe now you know he is ok and that's why there is no more worrying.

It's ok to not worry. You don't need to beat yourself up for that.

We all grieve in different ways and there is no right and wrong way so don't feel bad about it.

Some find it helps to go over the past many times and some find it better to try to move on quickly.
sue:wave:

Guilt is common when it comes to grief, because it is part of the grieving process. So it is expected you would feel guilt, but that doesn't mean you have a reason to feel guilty.

Maybe when he was alive something inside you told you you needed to worry about him; some sort of instinct. Maybe there was something longer and ongoing that your subconscious tapped into.

Maybe now you know he is ok and that's why there is no more worrying.

It's ok to not worry. You don't need to beat yourself up for that.

thankyou x

Back